vs Yankees Game 5

Satyr3206

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just my opinion, but the level of nastiness that is being heaved at this team by many of you is really awful. It just isn't cool. Frustration with missing the opportunity - fine. Typing nasty stuff about our team - wrong.

Every single bit of this.

Just my opinion, but the level of nastiness that is being heaved at this team by many of you is really awful. It just isn't cool. Frustration with missing the opportunity - fine. Typing nasty stuff about our team - wrong.

Gotta remember some people are drinking and are emotional. I don't take too much offense in the game thread.

I think Jones could bunt for a base hit next inning if he wants but he will probably want to tie it with a HR with no one on base.

Are you kidding? Adam Jones can hit a 5-run home run with nobody on base in the middle of the 27th inning with 4 outs and a 3 ball, 4 strike count. On an intentional walk pitch.

He's just too lazy to deign to do it.

Agreed but were all living in the emotion at the moment. That's how it is and I'm happy that on October 12, we are living it...

I'm with you. It's embarrassing with what this team has given us this year. And we're not dead yet!

Posting a swan song for a team down a few runs in the 6th inning, no matter how pathetic the offense looks, is a pathetic thing to do. A lot of posters that I respect a lot around here are really making fools of themselves in my eyes. Acting like mentally weak middle schoolers.

The 3-1 fastball was really the only mistake pitch he made after loading the bases. MAYBE the first pitch to Nate, but Nate was guessing the wrong pitch there.

True, but my point is that the hitters go up there carrying a bat for a reason. Occasionally, even if you make a good pitch, the ball is put in play (and, unfortunately for the pitcher, sometimes abruptly out of play) - and that's what you've got to do with less than 2 outs and the bases loaded. I would've liked to see Nate shorten his swing up a little bit more there. That said, if they lose, it wasn't from lack of effort and I'm very proud of what they've been able to do this year.

Archived