vs. Red Sox 7-28

scOtt

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit, this is the first time all year I feel like I'm out on the ledge with this team. After the KC fiasco, and now the fact the Red Sox are going to win two games straight (no, the Orioles are not going to hit Lester today), the fact that our offense is pretty poor overall right now, and I'm thinking things are looking pretty bleak. It's just pretty ugly right now when the good teams start to heat up.

When we hang our hopes on Steve Johnson, I think its pretty safe to say that we aren't going to the playoffs.

They aren't. That's why we are looking to other teams. Steve Johnson isn't any solution for this team. Except possibly middle relief.

I have to admit, this is the first time all year I feel like I'm out on the ledge with this team. After the KC fiasco, and now the fact the Red Sox are going to win two games straight (no, the Orioles are not going to hit Lester today), the fact that our offense is pretty poor overall right now, and I'm thinking things are looking pretty bleak. It's just pretty ugly right now when the good teams start to heat up.

Back away from the ledge, my good man.

Gotta love the Hangout. Just last week, a thread was started suggesting that we are the best team in the AL. Now this. Ah, the highs and lows of a baseball season.

I agree for the most part, but this team has a lot of warning signs. Although I was certainly not one of the ones suggesting this team was one of the best in baseball, this team has over performed a bit while riding Davis' and Machado's insane starts. Now that they've come back down, this team looks a lot more like the 85-win team I thought they were coming into this season. Can't beat KC, getting schooled by Boston and meanwhile the Rays have decided they are not going to lose the rest of the year.

Archived