Oriole players are upset WOW

Greg

Are the Yankees better now with McCann and Ellsbury? And don't kid yourself...the Yankees can still spend on the 2 and 3 million dollar guys the O's are targeting if they want to.

Do you think the Orioles should have outbid the Yankees to get McCann and/or Ellsbury? If so, then we simply disagree, but your post makes sense. If not, what is your point?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The question was clear: At what salary are you willing to KEEP JJ for 2014? The cery real choice was based on what we would expect him to get through the arbitration process. There is no way you can spin it otherwise.

"At what salary are you willing to KEEP JJ for 2014? " does not equal "Who is willing to let Johnson go for absoloutely nothing"... and you're living La La land by stating "you were the only one willing to not let Johnson not go for absoloutely nothing". That's complete nonsense. It's pretty clear from the question and the discussion that just about everybody BUT you understood that point and that most people were not willing to pay JJ 10.+ million dollars but were looking to trade him as that is what much of the discussion in that thread centered on: Johnson's trade value.

So, no. You were not some visionary in your opinion that everybody but you wanted to give away Johnson for absoloutely nothing. You're either a guy who doesn't care to listen to others opinions or lacks almost complete comprehension of the nuance of the english language.

Oh, have the last word number5. Not much else to debate.

"At what salary are you willing to KEEP JJ for 2014? " does not equal "Who is willing to let Johnson go for absoloutely nothing". And you're living La La land by stating "you were the only one willing to not let Johnson not go for absolotley nothing" That's complete nonsense. It's pretty clear from the question and the discussion that just about everybody BUT you understood that point and that most people were not willing to pay JJ 10.+ million dollars but were looking to trade him as that is what much of the discussion in that thread centered on: Johnson's trade value.

So, no. You were not some visionary in your opinion that everybody but you wanted to give away Johnson for absoloutley nothing. You're either a guy who doesn't care to listen to others opinions or lacks almost complete comprehension of the nuance of the english language.

Oh, have the last word number5. Not much else to debate.

[video=youtube;8N-H1lz3OJ4]

Well, Captain Kirk, if you choose to change the parameters of the poll to include those things that are not actually possible, you may have a point.

Both the point-blank question that the poll asks and the real-world decision that DD faced regarding JJ, however do not include fantasy solutions. The choices, at the time of the poll were:

1. Trade JJ for the best deal you could get.

2. Non-tender JJ. This would mean not paying him, but losing him for absolutely nothing,

3. Going to arbitration. The generally-accepted MLB Trade Rumors projected outcome from the arb process was $10.8 million. The poll used that number because of that fact.

If option 3 was chosen, the Orioles could choose to cut JJ during spring training at a cost of 1/6 of his salary and, of course, receiving nothing in return..

Paying JJ less than $9 million was, in no case, a real-world possibility. It was, simply, not an option.

3. Going to arbitration. The generally-accepted MLB Trade Rumors projected outcome from the arb process was $10.8 million. The poll used that number because of that fact.

If option 3 was chosen, the Orioles could choose to cut JJ during spring training at a cost of 1/6 of his salary and, of course, receiving nothing in return..

Paying JJ less than $9 million was, in no case, a real-world possibility. It was, simply, not an option.

Dan said option three was no good for him, that he could not spend the 11 million if the contract had been tendered.

Dan said option three was no good for him, that he could not spend the 11 million if the contract had been tendered.

I keep reading this, but I don't understand it. Why couldn't JJ have been tendered and then traded? In that case we'd be right where we are now, except without the pressure of the midnight deadline.

Wow!

To me, this shows how much JJ will be missed everywhere in the clubhouse. I don't think Buck or AJ or anyone is mad about this move. They all understand it's a business, and that's all this trade is. Business.

I think this shows how sad the clubhouse is over this.

Wow!

To me, this shows how much JJ will be missed everywhere in the clubhouse. I don't think Buck or AJ or anyone is mad about this move. They all understand it's a business, and that's all this trade is. Business.

I think this shows how sad the clubhouse is over this.

In a weird sort of way, this reminds me of the BJ Surhoff trade. I remember Orioles players being upset when he was traded. I think I even remember Mussina saying that was his last straw with the Orioles. I am worried that the other players will see this as a sign of the Orioles not willing to spend money to win and will walk when they can.

In a weird sort of way, this reminds me of the BJ Surhoff trade. I remember Orioles players being upset when he was traded. I think I even remember Mussina saying that was his last straw with the Orioles. I am worried that the other players will see this as a sign of the Orioles not willing to spend money to win and will walk when they can.

BJ is a good analogy. I don't know if it will change minds. Case by case I guess. JMHO I don't think it will be a huge negative things. Last man out turn off the lights. Might lose us a couple guys. :noidea:

Archived