Morse signed for 6 million

Redskins Rick

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible;" title="Embedded Tweet" width="500" height="160"></iframe>Dang, a bit rich for my blood.

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

and in LF.

Jon Heyman@JonHeymanCBS<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">9m</small>

morse will play LF for #SFGiants, who have belt, pill (& posey on occasion) for 1B. @CSNBaggs had story 1st

Sounds like more of a platoon situation. I guess there is some speculation that Morse was hampered with a bad wrist most of last year and that he's recovered. Still, not my kind of player and certainly not for 6 mil.

In San Francisco, Morse would ideally become the right-handed half of a platoon with Gregor Blanco.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I don’t think I’d put it this way.  The Mets have had a remarkably consistent year.  They’ve been above .500 every month (15-10 in Sept.).  They’ve played .600.+ baseball in every month but one (13-12 in June). They’ll end up between 98 and 104 wins.  That’s a great year.   The fact that Atlanta has nearly caught them is more a testament to Atlanta’s hot play than any sputtering by the Mets.    
    • Thanks Frobby for beating me to the punch, but yes, Chuck did Youmans work this year. He did it every single day througout the season. Amazing work. Thanks Chuck!
    • I have zero issues with Judge hitting his home run against the Orioles as long as it's in a loss. Walking him a bunch in an attempt to deny him is unsportsmanlike and petty and I can guarantee Hyde would have nothing to with that kind of stuff.
    • Good analysis, but of course in the real world it also depends who your alternatives are in COF or as DH.  Santander’s WAR couid go down but the team WAR could go up if you have a better defensive alternative who saves more on defense than you’d lose on offense by playing some other guy at DH. Just to look at this in a concrete way, are you better off with Santander in RF and Mancini at DH, or McKenna in RF and Santander at DH?  The fact that Santander individually loses some WAR by moving to DH is irrelevant.   
    • In his career, Judge has homered against us 35 times in 84 games (79 starts).   That’s more than .4 homers per game.   So yes, I’d say the odds favor him hitting one against us this weekend. I just want to beat the Yankees.   Anything that happens in an Orioles win is okay with me.   
    • Let the man hit.  Judge is a decent guy and the major league record is 73.  I don't consider Bonds' record a "real" record because of all the steroids he was on, but it's still the record.  Not sure what the insane level of hate for Judge is about.  I have no problem hating Yankees who are d-bags, but hate of random Yankee and hate of players like Roberts who went to the Yankees because no one else wanted him are over the edge. I think what I really hate are Yankee fans.
    • Is it really a big problem?    Walking guys is only rarely a good strategy.  
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now