MLB.com: Monday Afternoon MacPhail Quotes

dkdc

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On XM's 90 second update earlier they said everybody is waiting for Angelo's approval, and he's not going to sign off today because he's not going to be in his office for personal reasons.

That's the ESPN report, but it's starting to sound like something bigger. I'm afraid this deal is unraveling as we speak or has unraveled...

"As I said last night, we don't have an agreement with Seattle or any other team," he said. "I'm not expecting anything in the next few days and I'd be surprised if anything developed in the next few days

The Article in the sun last night, before the updated one published now is where I got the first thing from.

That's the ESPN report, but it's starting to sound like something bigger. I'm afraid this deal is unraveling as we speak or has unraveled...

I agree with you completely. This is getting more ridicules by the minute. We are the jokes of MLB. New face.....Same story!

The M's could have sent Jones to Baltimore to get a physical thinking the deal was done and wanting him here to make sure it gets done sooner rather than later.

All I know is that we seem to be the only team that makes these things this difficult.

Closer to body, closer to mind.

I think I'll start referring to you as Nitro... as it speaks to your stability here on the hangout.. :) What do you do for a living? :002_sbiggrin:

Sometime in June 2008:

Reporter: Andy, you made a lot of big moves in the offseason and they appear to be paying off. Yesterday Adam Jones went 4-5 with 2 HRs in a big win over the Yankees. While the team still has away to go before contending, you have to be pleased with trading Erik Bedard, Bri-

MacPhail: No I didn't.

Reporter: What?

MacPhail: No trades we're made, what are you talking about?

Reporter: .....Bedard you traded him to the Mariners for a package of yo-

MacPhail: No I didn't, he's right over there

Reporter: Mr. MacPhail, thats Melvin Mora......Anyways, Adam Jones has continued to rake at the big league level, hitting .289 with 13 home runs so far this season. Andy, how much of that is attributed to your coaching staff getting him prepared for the major league level?

MacPhail: I really don't think I should be talking about other team's prospects. Look when Seattle comes to town next week we'll discuss him.

Reporter: ...........

Ronny Cedeno (walking by): Eyyyy, Mr. MacPhail, we need to talk about my playing time.

MacPhail: Your playing time? Son, your quite a batboy, but you need to be a little older before you can get some game action (chuckles). Now go help Mr. Roberts over there with his B-12 injections.

To me, it does not seem like we know any more than we did yesterday. People are freaking out over quotes from AM, but in reality we really have no idea what is going on. It's a bit early to say "bye bye orioles forever" when Chruchuill just said that he definitely thinks the deal is going to happen just 2 hours ago. I just don't see the need to freak out over this just yet.

Guest oriofan8
Okay, crazy thought...Let's say the deal was going down, but then Jones opens his mouth, MacPhail gets angry (or pretends to), and starts this public, vehement denial just to shake up Bavasi some and get a little more out of him. basically, posturing, bluffing.

Certainly doesn't seem to have the O's fans in mind....just his ego.

The M's could have sent Jones to Baltimore to get a physical thinking the deal was done and wanting him here to make sure it gets done sooner rather than later.

All I know is that we seem to be the only team that makes these things this difficult.

Amen, brutha!

I'm almost beginning to think this was another attempt to expose leakers. If they put as much effort into finalizing deals, we'd be much better off by now!

On XM's 90 second update earlier they said everybody is waiting for Angelo's approval, and he's not going to sign off today because he's not going to be in his office for personal reasons.

Not doubting that you heard that, but if that's the case that has to be the absolute worst reason for delaying a trade. But that would be pretty typical of this team

Guest baltimore34

Andy doesn"t epect anything to get done in the next couple of days because Peter isn't going to be available in a day or two. Of course thats my opinion. Trying to stay optimistic.

Archived