If, IF, if Ubaldo continues to dominate?

Bahama O's Fan

See that is what I mean. I don't think the OP (and definitely not me) are saying to cut bait. He/she started a thread and everyone gets their panties in a bunch.

It's a message board to DISCUSS things...it is okay to overact. Nobody honestly thinks we should "cut bait" right now. That would be dumb.

I am not saying you or the OP suggested that. The thread had good discussion. Unfortunately, there are a few people that are silly enough to believe we should cut bait and shared their opinion.

The majority of the thread discusses putting him in the bullpen or waiting until the end of ST to determine what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not saying you or the OP suggested that. The thread had good discussion. Unfortunately, there are a few people that are silly enough to believe we should cut bait and shared their opinion.

The majority of the thread discusses putting him in the bullpen or waiting until the end of ST to determine what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you sir. Yeah, I think that is a very small minority. He looks awful, but no way you cut bait for nothing. That would be moronic.

I liked the signing at the time (liked the opposing pitcher more in yesterday's game though). Sometimes you gotta roll the dice. The Albert Belle signing was a terrific signing IMO, who would have figured he had a degenerative hip condition....you win some, you lose some.

I just think if he continues to show no control (which he may not) and all around sucks, it will be hard to hide him in the bullpen as we have alot of arms for there. I hear people say to trade Matusz and trade Webb, but we gotta have a trade partner first to do that.

No panic but it woul;d be nice to see Ubalso have a couple of clean innings. He looks like last year. One inning he dominates and the next control problems.
Back to the subject of this thread: This article in today's SUN explains a lot of things.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-righthander-ubaldo-jimenez-concentrating-on-correcting-delivery-in-second-spring-outing-20150308-story.html

Being a veteran pitcher, our guy Ubaldo spent years pitching in a certain way. I gather that it was working (sort of) for a few years while he still had some velocity. Last year, his pitching fell to new lows; the old delivery wasn't working any longer. Ubaldo explains that after he was sent to the bullpen, Wallace and Chiti started to teach him ways to change his delivery. He's still working on these changes, tweaking them a bit more each ST outing. He still has to think about each change, but eventually, the new changes will become more natural and (hopefully) his control and command will get better.

It's possible that he might have to spend more time in the pen during this season to get the new changes working as they should. This is not some lazy slug who wants to sit back and collect his $40M, he truly wants to be effective and help our team in whatever ways he can.

Imagine that the adjustments that Chiti and Wallace made embed themselves into his subconsious and by the time the season starts, his delivery is completely second nature, he dominates games and becomes our ace.

Yeah, it may not happen but at least we know it *could* happen, and thats something we should all root for

If it doesn't, then at least we have enough quality pitchers in the rotation and knocking on the door to not impact our overall season results too much. I suppose in a way, money aside, its a good problem to have.

It's possible that he might have to spend more time in the pen during this season to get the new changes working as they should. This is not some lazy slug who wants to sit back and collect his $40M, he truly wants to be effective and help our team in whatever ways he can.

This is not some slug that has had no success in MLB. And some time in the "bullpen" probably might help him. But that is not what has worked in the past for him. Pitching through the issues has.

Imagine that the adjustments that Chiti and Wallace made embed themselves into his subconsious and by the time the season starts, his delivery is completely second nature, he dominates games and becomes our ace.

Yeah, it may not happen but at least we know it *could* happen, and thats something we should all root for

If it doesn't, then at least we have enough quality pitchers in the rotation and knocking on the door to not impact our overall season results too much. I suppose in a way, money aside, its a good problem to have.

This is what Ubaldo said as quoted in the SUN article. He wants Wallace and Chiti's adjustments to be second nature. Then he can pitch effectively.

By the way, when I mentioned his working from the pen for a while, this would be a temporary solution only if he needs it. Hopefully, he can get everything together by OD and become a quality starting pitcher.

This is what Ubaldo said as quoted in the SUN article. He wants Wallace and Chiti's adjustments to be second nature. Then he can pitch effectively.

By the way, when I mentioned his working from the pen for a while, this would be a temporary solution only if he needs it. Hopefully, he can get everything together by OD and become a quality starting pitcher.

Yeah. I think you nailed it. I do not think he will sniff the bullpen unless he fails miserably in the regular season.Which is absolutely a possibility.

Archived