If, IF, if Ubaldo continues to dominate?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So 4IP 3ER 1K 1HBP 2WP counts as a good start now?

Pretty sure you have to do more then just have 0 walks for a start to be "good".

Step in the right direction?

Was the HR wind aided? I think the one hit that drove in the first run would have most likely been been caught by Jones in CF.

He looked more fluid.

So 4IP 3ER 1K 1HBP 2WP counts as a good start now?

Pretty sure you have to do more then just have 0 walks for a start to be "good".

Exactly. We've got enough quality starters who we can trust going out there every fifth day - why bother with a guy who *might* give you a good outing once out of every 3 times out? I just don't see this guy ever being consistent enough to warrant a roster spot, much less a rotation spot.

Step in the right direction?

Was the HR wind aided? I think the one hit that drove in the first run would have most likely been been caught by Jones in CF.

He looked more fluid.

No homers allowed. There was a double that was pulled down the RF line past a dividing Christian Walker.

Exactly. We've got enough quality starters who we can trust going out there every fifth day - why bother with a guy who *might* give you a good outing once out of every 3 times out? I just don't see this guy ever being consistent enough to warrant a roster spot, much less a rotation spot.

Bud Norris has looked like crap, too. Now, that said..obviously Bud was much better than Ubaldo last year. But the previous year Ubaldo was better than Bud. Doesn't hurt to try and get Ubaldo straight. It's spring training.

Today - First to go four innings. 1 HBP, 0 Walks

This is progress.

He actually looked great today. Bautista was struck out before he was HBP in a kinda swing. A pop up tat draped on the b team defense and a double play that only got the lead made for five outs. Three of which would have occurred with no runs. The Dickerson Double definitely could have been fielded at first by a First Baseman not named Parmelee.

1 K in 4 IP is not fine.

2 WP and a HBP is not fine.

The other stuff may have been beyond his control.

He Kd Bautista before the HBP. The umpire did not call a pitch that was not even a close one. He looked good. Watching him. His fastball had lots of life. Looked like he held his velocity as well.

Archived