Ubaldo Jimenez Today 2015

Il BuonO

Think Ubaldo pitched much better than his line. He wasn't getting ANYTHING on the lower part of the strike zone.

I didn't see the game. Was de Gross getting the low calls? He had plenty of Ks.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ubaldo got squeezed big time tonight. Especially in the 2nd. Lead off BB. Then IF popup, followed by a K. Then BB and seeing eye single that went right under Cabrera's glove. Basically he shouldn't have given up a run in the 2nd.

I kept wishing he'd had the benefit of the previous game's home plate umpire. Obviously, he didn't have his secondary pitches and was trying to survive with just the fastball, but I thought he looked better than Bud the night before.

I was wondering about that strike zone. Many times, what looked to be a strike on Ubaldo's part was called a ball.

There weren't a ton of egregious calls where a clear strike was called a ball, but IMO he almost got zero calls his way on anything on the edges of the zone. Basically he was 0-fer on almost every 50-50 ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o

21 OUTS: 9 Strikeouts, 6 Groundouts (Including 2 Double Plays), 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts

UBALDO JIMENEZ O(vs. BLUE JAYS. 5/11)

IP:o 7

H:). 6 (3 Doubles, 3 Singles)

R:lo 2

BB: l2

SO: l9

Pitches: 109 (71 Strikes, 38 Balls)

2015 ERA: 2.41

PITCHES BY INNING

17 (11 Strikes, 6 Balls)

16 (91 Strikes, 7 Balls)

81 (61 Strikes, 2 Balls)

14 (91 Strikes, 5 Balls)

16 (10 Strikes, 6 Balls)

13 (91 Strikes, 4 Balls)

25 (17 Strikes, 8 Balls)

If he can give us 7 innings like that every game that would be amazing. Seems to be pitching more than throwing these days. He is more worried about location and movement than he is velocity which is what he needs to do at this point in his career. His fastball seems to have some real good late movement and if he can keep it down in the zone then he can be very effective. If his breaking ball is on and he can locate it then it makes him a very tough guy to hit.

Ubaldo was spot on tonight. We truly needed it, we needed a strong performance by our starting pitcher and we got just what we needed. I noticed on the velocity-meter that his fastball tops at 91 or so. But he has made adjustments to his loss of velocity. This is one of many things that he worked on in the bullpen last fall, during the winter and during ST. His work is showing results.

The Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club :smile11: :clap:

o

21 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts, 4 Flyouts, 4 Lineouts, 1 Foulout, 1 Thrown Out Stealing

UBALDO JIMENEZ O(vs. ANGELS, 5/16)

IP:. 7

H:;; 7 (7 Singles)

R:O 2

BB: 0

SO: 6

Pitches: 92 (63 Strikes, 29 Balls)

2015 ERA: 2.43

PITCHES BY INNING

10 (81 Strikes, 2 Balls)

10 (81 Strikes, 2 Balls)

81 (61 Strikes, 2 Balls)

17 (15 Strikes, 2 Balls)

14 (81 Strikes, 6 Balls)

13 (71 Strikes, 6 Balls)

20 (11 Strikes, 9 Balls)

I am a little disappointed. I woke up this morning thinking he had a shot at a no hitter. I still think it will happen this year.

Sargent in Arms of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club! :clap3::clap:

Welcome back, Sargent in Arms. It was a pitcher's duel for 6 innings, with Ubaldo and his team leading 1-0. But a few misplayed balls, one solid Angel's hit, and the offense failing to come up with key hits. Ubaldo left after 6 innings, behind 2-1. After that, the bullpen pitched some batting practice. Believe me, Ubaldo deserved a far better fate than this. But the defense and hitters let the team down, and this was the result. :(

Hopefully, he'll do well next time and so will the defense and the offense.

The Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club :clap3::clap:

o

13 OUTS: l* l5 Groundouts, 4 Strikeouts, 1 Foulout, 1 Popout, 1 Flyout, 1 Lineout

UBALDO JIMENEZ O(vs. MARLINS, 5/22)

IP:. 4

H:;; 7 (7 Singles)

R:l) 3

BB: 1

SO: 4

Pitches: 87 (59 Strikes, 28 Balls)

2015 ERA: 2.82

* One of Jimenez' strikeouts reached safely on a dropped 3rd strikes, hence Jimenez essentially had to get 4 outs in the 4th inning.

PITCHES BY INNING

16 (14 Strikes, 21 Balls)

31 (21 Strikes, 10 Balls)

23 (13 Strikes, 10 Balls)

17 (11 Strikes, 61 Balls)

He wasn't bad tonight. Maybe not great. And pulled early in a stupid NL game. This is frickin' baseball? I paid money to see some rookie meat pitcher flailing away trying to bunt????? :ohlord:

I watched on TV but you get my point....

He wasn't bad tonight. Maybe not great. And pulled early in a stupid NL game. This is frickin' baseball? I paid money to see some rookie meat pitcher flailing away trying to bunt????? :ohlord:

I watched on TV but you get my point....

Eh. He might have had one more inning. Not much more.

Archived