Buck on Jordan Baker

BarclaySouthway

Justify it all you want. Two wrongs don't make a right. Also, it's very easy to look at slow-mo here and say that it was intentional (it was). At that angle, it's for the ump to be able to clearly see it was intentional. A major league pitcher isn't going to miss his target by a yard. It's especially coincidental when this loss of control happens to be against the guy who committed a hard slide against one of your guys.

And I do think some of the more egregious slides should warrant ejection too. I think this one looks worse by the slow-mo aspect. No amount of slow-mo, normal motion, fast motion, etc can make Ubaldo's pitch look any different.

He had 3 walks up to this point and was struggling with his control all day. He didn't magically lose it against Panda.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Orioles hitters have been hit seven times this season. All seven pitchers should have been ejected, right? Every time a hitter gets hit, the pitcher should be tossed. Is that what you're saying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only when it's clearly intentional. First pitch of Sandoval's first AB since the hard slide from earlier and it happens to be 5 feet inside and hits him on the back of the shoulder. The ball was closer to his head than the plate. Heck, it was closer to the ground than the plate too. Sandoval wasn't exactly crowding the plate. Heck, he was about as far back he could be. And he still got plunked nearly on the back.

People want to read into body language. Well, if we're going to play theories, I'll say my theory is that he meant the ball to be a bit lower. I don't think Ubaldo meant to hit him in or near the head. But he certainly was gunning for him. Major league pitchers don't intentionally miss by that much. And again, if it wasn't intentional, he still shouldn't be in the game because then he's a danger to everyone if he can't' control his pitches to within a yard of his spot.

He had 3 walks up to this point and was struggling with his control all day. He didn't magically lose it against Panda.

I used to throw darts on a daily basis. I got to be pretty good. I didn't throw them really hard and I didn't have all sorts of fancy grips.

I still used to just flub one completely now and then and and miss my intended target by a good foot.

And I was a lot closer then 60 feet away.

Only when it's clearly intentional. First pitch of Sandoval's first AB since the hard slide from earlier and it happens to be 5 feet inside and hits him on the back of the shoulder. The ball was closer to his head than the plate. Heck, it was closer to the ground than the plate too. Sandoval wasn't exactly crowding the plate. Heck, he was about as far back he could be. And he still got plunked nearly on the back.

People want to read into body language. Well, if we're going to play theories, I'll say my theory is that he meant the ball to be a bit lower. I don't think Ubaldo meant to hit him in or near the head. But he certainly was gunning for him. Major league pitchers don't intentionally miss by that much. And again, if it wasn't intentional, he still shouldn't be in the game because then he's a danger to everyone if he can't' control his pitches to within a yard of his spot.

Have you ever pitched?

Yeah ejecting someone when it is clearly intentional is one thing. But you are the only person that sees this as a clear incident. Not even Red Sox players thought it was intentional.

I'm just trying to figure out his logic.

Me, I think the HBP was less dangerous then the slide.

Anyone looking at the GIF of the slide in this thread who has played the game inherently knows this to be true. And many other smart people too.

It's just that you are wrong. Not that you can't support an argument. I am certain you can impose your view on many people in this world.

Have you ever pitched?

Yeah ejecting someone when it is clearly intentional is one thing. But you are the only person that sees this as a clear incident. Not even Red Sox players thought it was intentional.

I don't believe that he think what he is saying is true. I believe that he supports a good argument.

http://www.closecallsports.com/2015/04/mlb-ejection-009-jordan-baker-1-ubaldo.html

Well, here's a third that agrees with the ejection. The call was "irrecusable". You absolutely HAVE to eject the pitcher there if you want to keep the game under control.

The game was under control even after the hit batter. It got out of control after the ejection.

http://www.closecallsports.com/2015/04/mlb-ejection-009-jordan-baker-1-ubaldo.html

Well, here's a third that agrees with the ejection. The call was "irrecusable". You absolutely HAVE to eject the pitcher there if you want to keep the game under control.

http://www.closecallsports.com/p/about-us.html

Ok. I am numerically incorrect.

Umpire Ejection Fantasy League Appeals Board

In addition to the CCS and UEFL staff, the Umpire Ejection Fantasy League established an Appeals Board prior to its 2012 season. The following is the all-time UEFL Appeals Board roster.

Albertaumpire, 2012

Arik G, 2013-present

BillMueller, 2012

cyclone14, 2014-present

Gil Imber, 2012-present

JD, 2014-present

Jeremy Dircks, 2012-present

Joe Gravina, 2014

johnnyg08, 2014

RichMSN, 2012-present

tmac, 2012-present

Turducken, 2013-present

yawetag, 2012-2013

I'm going to join the league. To balance the backend of the alphabet.

Well I am certain the the tripping at first aggravated the Schoop injury so no pilling on from me on that.

For the record, I don't think what Sandoval did was bad. It was a hard, clean slide. I'm just observing who is able to play and who is not. Player safety and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived