Sad Day in Baseball

Oriole1940

May1, 2015 went down as a sad day in MLB. On that day AROID tied the Say Hey Kid, Willy Mays for total HR. Mays, a legit HOFamer, and an inspiration to old young alike for his Hustle and hard play will be surpassed by a ROIDER. An over- paid, underworked prima dona right up there with a legit player.

May1, 2015 went down as a sad day in MLB. On that day AROID tied the Say Hey Kid, Willy Mays for total HR. Mays, a legit HOFamer, and an inspiration to old young alike for his Hustle and hard play will be surpassed by a ROIDER. An over- paid, underworked prima dona right up there with a legit player.

And yet another anti-PED zealot conveniently forgets about Mays' use of amphetamines.

And yet another anti-PED zealot conveniently forgets about Mays' use of amphetamines.

Willie was one of the finest players I ever saw. He was no Frank or Hank, but he played that high light position. Gruff fellow when I have been in his presence.

Willie was one of the finest players I ever saw. He was no Frank or Hank, but he played that high light position. Gruff fellow when I have been in his presence.

I agree that he was an exceptional player, that wasn't the point I was making at all.

What did you think of the Economist piece?

And how crazy is it they do baseball pieces?

I keep hearing about amphetamines. I don't believe for one minute they can add 25-50 feet on your power or add 5-7 miles to your fastball like a steroid could.

Roy I have seen studies and heard anecdotes that say that the overall impact of amphetamines is comparable to that of steroids.

Even if the effect wasn't as significant, does that somehow excuse their use?

I keep hearing about amphetamines. I don't believe for one minute they can add 25-50 feet on your power or add 5-7 miles to your fastball like a steroid could.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Roy Firestone again.

Roy I have seen studies and heard anecdotes that say that the overall impact of amphetamines is comparable to that of steroids.

Even if the effect wasn't as significant, does that somehow excuse their use?

Yeah, I believe that is just something PED guys find a survey for. I know what the Eastern European steroids did for Iron Curtain athletes. No stimulants can do that. I don't care what study says they do.

Since the HR was brought up, I think the Yankees should have to pay the bonus. Ironically, by making such a big deal about him not being advertisable, they made the situation bigger than it might have been.

I hope the Yanks push their position to the MAX! Make a big damn media circus of it!

I love anarchy.

[video=youtube;7dK6zPbkFnE]

About 450 deep.

polo_grounds_dia.gif

1954side3.gif

A real 5 tool guy.

Some can make a case, he was the best player to ever play the game.

Archived