[Orioles] possible trade candidates

Cheese Oriole

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think you know who you speak of Carlos Gomez is a Brewer who has never been paid by the Rockies.

And is owed only 9 mill next year and had over a 4 war last year. So pssst he would be an upgrade.

I think he's aware of who Carlos Gomez is. Carlos Gonzalez of the Rockies also goes by CarGo.

I don't think you know who you speak of Carlos Gomez is a Brewer who has never been paid by the Rockies.

And is owed only 9 mill next year and had over a 4 war last year. So pssst he would be an upgrade.

Last year he would have been.

What if he is what he is now?

Having one down year? You take the upside of what you get next year. He is a talent for cheap. Just taking second halves and both are healthy who do you expect or gamble on who has better numbers?

Having one down year? You take the upside of what you get next year. He is a talent for cheap. Just taking second halves and both are healthy who do you expect or gamble on who has better numbers?

Both Free? Gomez. Free of talent expense. Free of monetary constraint. But that is by NO MEANS certain. I expect that the probable difference is much smaller than you might imagine. Plus he is definitely a problem player.

Trying... to... not... negative... rep...

;)

Thanks for rolling with the joke. I recognize we now live in a Twitter-mediated world but generally I share your annoyance.

Exceptions are:

a. You're BRob. BRob has achieved grandfathered status here.

b. You're cool enough to still wear your baseball cap backwards and can prove it.

Cheers

Brad Ziegler (ARZ) - 1.32 ERA, 303 ERA+, 0.912 WHIP. Very good career averages; not a strikeout pitcher. $5.5 mil owed, TEAM option for 2016. Was signed to be the closer, and has 12 saves on the year.

Ziegler was not signed to be Arizona's closer. Addison Reed was their closer coming into the season, but he lost the job due to ineffectiveness.

Just a minor point. Otherwise, you are correct. Ziegler has been an outstanding reliever for several seasons.

Thanks for rolling with the joke. I recognize we now live in a Twitter-mediated world but generally I share your annoyance.

Exceptions are:

a. You're BRob. BRob has achieved grandfathered status here.

b. You're cool enough to still wear your baseball cap backwards and can prove it.

Cheers

Does anyone still wear their cap backwards besides chubby 37-year-olds who still think it's 1999? My exceptionally tenuous connection to what's cool indicates that the flat brim superseded the backwards cap years ago. That's probably been re-superseded since then.

Archived