Any news on Jomar Reyes?

cnmilton

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doug Newton also reports "Reyes has five doubles and a home run in his last seven

games played. Reyes now leads the team in doubles (25) and extra base hits

(34) despite missing six weeks due to a sprained thumb. Though his average has

slipped in the 2nd half, Reyes is slugging 33 points better since the injury."

Doug Newton also reports "Reyes has five doubles and a home run in his last seven

games played. Reyes now leads the team in doubles (25) and extra base hits

(34) despite missing six weeks due to a sprained thumb. Though his average has

slipped in the 2nd half, Reyes is slugging 33 points better since the injury."

Great stuff Doc. Thanks.

2 more doubles last night gives him 39 extra base hits in 324 at bats for Delmarva - at 18 years old. Manny (absolute phenom prospect) at 18 split the season between Delmarva and Frederick and had 36 XBH's in 382 at bats. Not to imply that Reyes is the level of prospect that Manny was (he's not), but I'd think the power potential he's shown should make him an elite prospect - especially in an era where there is a baseball power shortage. I think the concern should be SO's - which are high but not outrageous. If he improves on that next year in Frederick, could he be the O's top prospect?

2 more doubles last night gives him 39 extra base hits in 324 at bats for Delmarva - at 18 years old. Manny (absolute phenom prospect) at 18 split the season between Delmarva and Frederick and had 36 XBH's in 382 at bats. Not to imply that Reyes is the level of prospect that Manny was (he's not), but I'd think the power potential he's shown should make him an elite prospect - especially in an era where there is a baseball power shortage. I think the concern should be SO's - which are high but not outrageous. If he improves on that next year in Frederick, could he be the O's top prospect?

I'm just glad we have a really good 1-5. I think they should just go ahead and make the switch to 1b/LF in the offseason. That way he can just focus on being a big dude and mashing the baseball. We don't need no stinkin defense holding him back. Fast track em'. :thumbsup1:

I'm just glad we have a really good 1-5. I think they should just go ahead and make the switch to 1b/LF in the offseason. That way he can just focus on being a big dude and mashing the baseball. We don't need no stinkin defense holding him back. Fast track em'. :thumbsup1:

So the 2018 O's lineup will have Reyes in LF, Sisco at catcher, Mancini at 1st base and...

Machado at 3B, Schoop at 2B,

maybe Jones at CF, Parra at RF, and Davis at DH.

SS? Probably not Mountcastle. :) Maybe next year's first rounder (if they get blind lucky?)

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Single-A Delmarva third baseman Jomar Reyes, 18, was the second overall pick tonight by Licey in the Dominican Winter League draft.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">September 10, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• 6 months later...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck remarked today on how good of shape Jomar Reyes is in. Down from 260ish to 235. Is here with O's today from minors camp.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">March 13, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived