Any news on Jomar Reyes?

cnmilton

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck remarked today on how good of shape Jomar Reyes is in. Down from 260ish to 235. Is here with O's today from minors camp.</p>? Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="
">March 13, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

With Davis in the fold long term, does it make sense to move him to right field now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jomar Reyes, the Orioles' 19-year-old third base prospect from the Dominican Republic, was one of the minor league players that joined the Orioles yesterday. He played a few innings late in the game at third base. In the ninth, he drew a four-pitch walk and scored on an error.

Before the game, Showalter praised Reyes for his conditioning work and reducing his weight from around 260 lbs. to 235 lbs.

I asked Showalter what he liked about the youngster who played at Single-A Delmarva last year.

"Size," he said. "I don't know him well enough. That's what they (prospects) look like. I like what our guys that are really good evaluators say about him. I haven't seen him enough to think I have a baseball opinion on him. I'll tell you what: He smiles easily and he loves being here today. He comes over like this was his first game in Little League. I like that."

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/03/is-it-too-soon-for-concern-over-miguel-gonzalez-plus-other-notes.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• 4 weeks later...

Nice Read

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sports/level/professional/reyes-continues-on-fast-track-with-keys/article_67b5074a-a39c-553e-a2ba-4b582256ad40.html

Despite missing a month of the season due to a thumb injury, he batted .278 over 84 games with 27 doubles, five homers and 44 RBIs. He was named to the South Atlantic League All-Star team.

During the offseason, Reyes? weight ballooned to around 270 pounds. But he?s back down around 240 due to a strict diet and workout program. If he dropped another five to 10 pounds, he might feel even better, he said during media day.

Reyes is off to a nice start after 6 games -- .273/.407/.455. He's walked 5 times in 6 games, compared to 18 walks in 84 games last year. Those things can be episodic, but it's nice to see him showing some plate discipline early on.

• 3 weeks later...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here is Jomar Reyes completing the Keys triple play on Saturday. Picture courtesy of Patrick Cavey: <a href="https://t.co/dt9Lt1kKyU">pic.twitter.com/dt9Lt1kKyU</a></p>— Frederick Keys (@FrederickKeys) <a href="

">May 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There was an article with Reyes in the Carroll County Times about a month or so ago.

He thinks he can stay at 3rd but seems pretty adamant about not playing 1B. Said he's played the OF before and could play there again if they don't like him at 3rd.

At the end of the interview he repeated this again when asked where else he could play. "Outfield - not first base".

I don't know why but I found that oddly humorous :)

There was an article with Reyes in the Carroll County Times about a month or so ago.

He thinks he can stay at 3rd but seems pretty adamant about not playing 1B. Said he's played the OF before and could play there again if they don't like him at 3rd.

At the end of the interview he repeated this again when asked where else he could play. "Outfield - not first base".

I don't know why but I found that oddly humorous :)

Maybe he feels that way because Davis is the fixture at 1st base for the foreseeable future.

Archived