2016 New York Yankees

weams

I have to hand it to the Yankees, once they decided to be sellers, they didn't fool around. Chapman, Miller, Beltran and Nova all traded for prospects.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yanks pay half the $5M left on beltran. So rangers added just $4M (lucroy $1.5M to go in '16) to transform lineup.</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="

">August 1, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No shocker here but maybe he'll come to Baltimore as a coach? :scratchchinhmm: :slytf:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source confirms: Teixeira to announce that he will retire at end of season. First reported: <a href="https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN">@Buster_ESPN</a>.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">August 5, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Yankees are holding a press conference with Alex Rodriguez tomorrow at 11 a.m.</p>— Jared Diamond (@jareddiamond) <a href="

">August 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No shocker here but maybe he'll come to Baltimore as a coach? :scratchchinhmm: :slytf:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source confirms: Teixeira to announce that he will retire at end of season. First reported: <a href="https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN">@Buster_ESPN</a>.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">August 5, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We'd have to make a wow offer though. :)

Or the Yankees 28.0.

Yankee plan for success:

Fire coaches

Spend money on coaches

Spend money on minor leagues

Spend money on Dominican 12 year olds

Spend money on premier free agents

Spend money on taxes and penalties

Trade prospects at the trade deadline

Acquire contracts in September

Realize you spent too much money

Trade free agents you spent money on

Repeat.

Yankee plan for success:

Fire coaches

Spend money on coaches

Spend money on minor leagues

Spend money on Dominican 12 year olds

Spend money on premier free agents

Spend money on taxes and penalties

Trade prospects at the trade deadline

Acquire contracts in September

Realize you spent too much money

Trade free agents you spent money on

Repeat.

Sounds more like the Red Sox plan to me.

Sounds more like the Red Sox plan to me.

They got into an arms race with the Yankees in the Early 2000's, spending 1 million for ever 2 million the Yankees spent. The Yankees will be back soon enough, but i'm happy about this. It's more satisfying to beat them when they are good versus when they are bad. Now, if we beat them for 14 years and they did what we did from 1998-2011, I would be happy. However, my point still stands.

• 5 weeks later...

"It’s been no surprise that Brian McCann lost his catching job as Gary Sanchez went on his offensive tear in August. As the veteran continued to traipse through mediocrity, the rookie outperformed him in every category on every side of the ball. There are many reasons to not return McCann to full-time duty behind the plate, and his vesting option is just one of them.

http://www.pinstripealley.com/2016/9/13/12896752/yankees-brian-mccann-gary-sanchez-contract-trade?_ga=1.52857260.546290156.1470787465

"It’s been no surprise that Brian McCann lost his catching job as Gary Sanchez went on his offensive tear in August. As the veteran continued to traipse through mediocrity, the rookie outperformed him in every category on every side of the ball. There are many reasons to not return McCann to full-time duty behind the plate, and his vesting option is just one of them.

http://www.pinstripealley.com/2016/9/13/12896752/yankees-brian-mccann-gary-sanchez-contract-trade?_ga=1.52857260.546290156.1470787465

Smart.

o

I just dug this post up from last year:

o

MICHAEL KAY:

The Yankees have never led their division or league by 4 games (or more) during a season and NOT wound up finishing said season in 1st place.

If it happens this year, it will be the first time ever for them in their franchise history.

So, last year's Yankees had a first in their franchise history (1901-Present.)

Archived