Reimold's return?

odogs101

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is good news. Fingers crossed he can stay healthy the rest of the year.

Just to get ahead of myself here, you have to think if he has a good July/August we could see him in Baltimore come September.(Based on numerous McPhail comments about seeing what our young guys can do). He's the only young hitter worth looking at.

I would like to see a cple guys moved up a level to see what they can do.

I would like to see a cple guys moved up a level to see what they can do.

Absolutely, the few guys we have hitting lower down are of an age where we need to move them quickly to see if we really have anything.

It's really a shame about the injuries to Reimold, Tripp and Rivas this year. None of them could have been to far from a promotion.

Absolutely, the few guys we have hitting lower down are of an age where we need to move them quickly to see if we really have anything.

It's really a shame about the injuries to Reimold, Tripp and Rivas this year. None of them could have been to far from a promotion.

Tripp is one I could see moving up I would also like to see Snyder tear it up!

Tripp is one I could see moving up I would also like to see Snyder tear it up!

Yea, I think next year will be litmus test for Snyder. He should be completely over his injury with another years experience behind him. If he is going to be a real prospect he has to show it next year in Frederick.

At this stage he's been written off by many so he could turn out to be a bonus for us.

But those 4 young ones (Vineyard, Rowell, Tripp and Snyder) are all 3 years away-maybe 4.And that's even if they make it.

The times I've been in the company of Tripp Norton and Joe Jordan they both indicated they expect Rowell to be in a big league uniform in 2009, middle of the order by 2010.

The times I've been in the company of Tripp Norton and Joe Jordan they both indicated they expect Rowell to be in a big league uniform in 2009, middle of the order by 2010.

WOW....well he better start smacking the crap out of the ball now and be ready for Bowie next year.

I would like to see this also, if he is the true top notch prospect we all want him to be he should be ready to break the ML at 20.

Awesome to see Nolan back.

Would be even more awesome to see him tear up Frederick and Bowie over the remaining part of the season and throw his name in the hat to make the club out of ST next year. Markakis jumped from AA to the bigs, and Nolan is a more experienced player having gone to college. If the bat's working, it shouldn't be too big of a stretch.

WOW....well he better start smacking the crap out of the ball now and be ready for Bowie next year.

I would like to see this also, if he is the true top notch prospect we all want him to be he should be ready to break the ML at 20.

Actually, I would think the plan would be to have him start in Fredrick and be promoted to Bowie after a couple months. By September, he could be a call-up in Baltimore to give him a few at bats. Then, he would either start 2009 in Baltimore, or AAA if he needs a few more minor league at bats. Thus, by mid-season 2009 he should be in Baltimore.

Actually, I would think the plan would be to have him start in Fredrick and be promoted to Bowie after a couple months. By September, he could be a call-up in Baltimore to give him a few at bats. Then, he would either start 2009 in Baltimore, or AAA if he needs a few more minor league at bats. Thus, by mid-season 2009 he should be in Baltimore.

Frederick to Bowie to Baltimore would be a huge move for a player...I would rather him finish strong this year in Delmarva and skip Frederick and spend all year in Bowie.

Interesting. Have they said this recently? I would think that Rowell's ETA would be a little later today than it might have appeared at the end of last season, given that he hasn't dominated at Delmarva the way that he did at Bluefield and Aberdeen.

That seems a bit unrealistic to me. I mean, it could work out that way, but it would seem like a best case scenario, rather than an expected scenario.

Unless I'm misinterpreting this post, it seems like they expect Rowell to go through Frederick, Bowie and Norfolk in approx 1.5 years and then reach Baltimore sometime around 2009 midseason. At that point he would still have to play well enough the rest of the season to earn a middle of the order spot for 2010.

Like I said, it coud happen, but I wouldn't bet my mortgage on it.

Archived