Reimold's return?

odogs101

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Right now he's in Sarasota. Look for him to make a rehab stint with one of the shortseason teams, which start next week, before he returns to Bowie. No timetable for when that'll happen though.

Any further word on this? I haven't seen his name on either of the rosters,

and can't seem to find any update about him at all, anywhere.

Elliot

Has anyone seen this kid? I hear he would be the #1 or 2 prospect if he could stay healthy. Could he be a staple in LF for the O's? Obviously, I have read a bunch of stuff on him, but I would like to hear someone's first hand observation.

I would think that it would be nearly impossible for him to be a number 1 or 2 prospect when we have Rowell and hopefully Weiters in the organization, but I guess you never know with the injuries he's had the past two seasons.

I should have wrote "I heard someone say he could be a number 1 or 2 prospect." Throughout this site people have him listed usually somewhere 3 to 8 range. I just want to know what kind of potential he has. Is he in the same league as Rowell? What major leaguer would you compare him against?

I really can't rank Weiters until he signs (not trying to be argumentative). When and if he does, he goes directly to #2.

Just wanted to bump the thread to see if there is any new word on Reimold.

Sorry if I seem a bit anxious but the all-star break is just around the corner and he has missed 56 of 75 games this season to a strained oblique. I'm beginning to think Joey's(sorry I mean Albert's) hip might heal quicker. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Right now he's in Sarasota. Look for him to make a rehab stint with one of the shortseason teams, which start next week, before he returns to Bowie. No timetable for when that'll happen though.

Reimold is back, with the GCL O's (as John predicted). He went 1-3, a double and 2 RBIs.

Here's the box: http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2007_07_09_orirok_pirrok_1&t=g_box&did=milb

This is good news. Fingers crossed he can stay healthy the rest of the year.

Just to get ahead of myself here, you have to think if he has a good July/August we could see him in Baltimore come September.(Based on numerous McPhail comments about seeing what our young guys can do). He's the only young hitter worth looking at.

Archived