Jimenez cried.....

Gurgi

Jimenez cried after the game during his interview on MASN. It was amazing to watch.....makes you really root for the guy.

He seems to really take his struggles hard. I know he has to think the Orioles would be walking away with first place if he just could be pitching good.

Hope he wins one in the Playoffs....and cries all he wants.:thumbsup1:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jimenez cried after the game during his interview on MASN. It was amazing to watch.....makes you really root for the guy.

He seems to really take his struggles hard. I know he has to think the Orioles would be walking away with first place if he just could be pitching good.

Hope he wins one in the Playoffs....and cries all he wants.:thumbsup1:

Great Human.

Yea, he sure is.
"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge. His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart," a part of the prayer reads. "... A thousand may fall at your side, 10,000 at your right hand, but it will not come near you."

"That's very true," Jimenez said, looking at the same prayer on the wall of the Baltimore apartment he shares with his father, also named Ubaldo, and his mother, Ramona, during the season. His niece, 11-year-old Crisley, also visits from the Dominican over the summer. "It doesn't matter how things are going. You're going to go through that and eventually see the light. … No matter what it is, I keep going and try to move forward. I don't fear anything."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bs-sp-orioles-ubaldo-jimenez-0717-20150716-story.html

Just goes to show you how badly he wants to pitch well for his team. Sometimes on the outside looking in, we forget these guys are trying very hard to do their job at a high level and a lot of work goes into that. I'm really happy for Ubaldo, he seems really genuine and i like the emotion of it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was touching last week when the O's crowd gave him an ovation after 6.2 IP vs the Yanks.

I would hope that most O's fans want him to succeed. I certainly do. We all know that he is capable of dominance when he's hitting his spots.

Btw, per Fangraphs, UJ is worth 1.1 WAR this year, .7 WAR more than he was worth in 2014 even though his 2016 ERA is 1.5 runs higher. http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=3374&position=P

I thought it was touching last week when the O's crowd gave him an ovation after 6.2 IP vs the Yanks.

I would hope that most O's fans want him to succeed. I certainly do. We all know that he is capable of dominance when he's hitting his spots.

Btw, per Fangraphs, UJ is worth 1.1 WAR this year, .7 WAR more than he was worth in 2014 even though his 2016 ERA is 1.5 runs higher. http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=3374&position=P

7.6 WAR since 2013.

Archived