vs Cubs 7/16

NashLumber

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not send any coach, any player to the mound to talk to Ubaldo at all until he goes 5 innings, even if it takes him 500 pitches and 3 hours and gives up 34 runs. Leave him out there until or unless he is injured and physically unable to throw the baseball to the plate.

If the club is screwed for this year and the future, if we aren't going to get any effective pitching out of Ubaldo, if we have no chance to win this season... I'd be damned if I'd do anything but effectively force this slummy scrub to eat innings.

Do they know that the point of the game is to NOT give up runs......FFS someone needs to be held accountable for this...

• Fire McDowell
  • Fire Dan
  • Fire Buck

but yet our GM is like... "well let's just wait until they play to their full potential that this team should be at"

2 minutes ago, Mayor McCheese said:

Do they know that the point of the game is to NOT give up runs......FFS someone needs to be held accountable for this...

• Fire McDowell
  • Fire Dan
  • Fire Buck

but yet our GM is like... "well let's just wait until they play to their full potential that this team should be at"

laughing_buddha_statue-1016x1024.jpg

1 minute ago, thatbearflies said:

Is Ubaldo even going to be in MLB next year? I just can't imagine a situation in which he could bring any value to a team. 

11 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Jimenez pitches as a starter for another ML team. Over/under on how long before he's out of baseball?

Someone in the east please give him a shot.

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

And the long man in the bullpen is . . . Bleier? That's asking a lot, but there aren't a lot of options. Hart, I guess.

At this point we can let our bench players pitch. Or bring up some random reliever from Bowie who would otherwise never have a chance to sniff the major leagues and watch him give up 7 runs per 3 outs, let him pitch 4 or 5 innings.

I've been asking this question about once every week or so: How is it that McDowell is not held accountable for a large part of this epic failure by every one of the starters to come close to expectations?

I haven't seen an answer yet, other than the fact that McDowell is in his first year..

Quintana and Ubaldo are opposites. Hell, the teams themselves are opposites.

Quintana is absolutely dominating our completely hapless, careless, effortless batters, while Ubaldo is throwing batting practice against a white-hot lineup that's giving every effort on every single pitch to be maximally effective.

The Orioles broadcasts sound like Cubs broadcasts. No end of praise for the opposing team, no tinge of frustration that the Orioles are completely inept and incapable of doing anything at all even slightly positive.

I've canceled my MLB.TV subscription and my tickets for the rest of the season are up on StubHub for a fraction of their original price. I don't want anything to do with this team.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

I've been asking this question about once every week or so: How is it that McDowell is not held accountable for a large part of this epic failure by every one of the starters to come close to expectations?

I haven't seen an answer yet, other than the fact that McDowell is in his first year..

Who says he isn't being held accountable?

Mid-season firings rarely solve a problem.   If he is fired after this year, I would certainly consider that as being held accountable.   We have not been privy to any discussions between him and Buck or between him and the front office in terms of evaluating his job performance.   So the ONLY thing we know is that he hasn't been fired (yet).

To say there's no accountability taking place when the only evidence we would KNOW of accountability is the binary fired/not-fired fact... is a stretch.

Archived