Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

17 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

So is the implication that the Orioles are close to a deal with the Astros and don't want it leaked??

Why wouldn't the Orioles want it leaked?  If they are trading Britton they want the best possible offer. 

The Astros would want to keep this hush hush, they don't want another team to swoop in at the last minute with a better offer. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Why wouldn't the Orioles want it leaked?  If they are trading Britton they want the best possible offer. 

The Astros would want to keep this hush hush, they don't want another team to swoop in at the last minute with a better offer. 

Pure speculation, but that's what I'm here for! Maybe DD has another deal lined up, conditionally, and the other side is running it up the flag pole. It would cost the O's credibility of it turns out that they aren't/weren't serious about that other deal before sending it up the flag pole. 

Just now, 99ct said:

Pure speculation, but that's what I'm here for! Maybe DD has another deal lined up, conditionally, and the other side is running it up the flag pole. It would cost the O's credibility of it turns out that they aren't/weren't serious about that other deal before sending it up the flag pole. 

Who knows, but I'm ready for a real trade not this oddball Hellickson deal.

DD probably finalizing how much international slot money is going to the Astros. 

Just now, birdwatcher55 said:

Kubatko is a schill for Orioles.

I know that, although I prefer him over Steve M.

Why are the O's upset at Heyman tweeting the Astros interest, rumors fly like crazy this time of year, it seems dumb to get worked up over one.  It's not like he tweeted they have a deal in place or anything like that.

1 minute ago, phillyOs119 said:

Why are the O's upset at Heyman tweeting the Astros interest, rumors fly like crazy this time of year, it seems dumb to get worked up over one.  It's not like he tweeted they have a deal in place or anything like that.

This is why I'm confused too

3 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Kubatko is a schill for Orioles.

Roch is a very good an entertaining writer.  Yes is employer is MASN which is owned by Peter Angelos but to say he is a schill for the Orioles is just not fair.  He reports the good and the bad.  Do you expect him to just to rip the Orioles?

Just now, accinfo said:

Roch is a very good an entertaining writer.  Yes is employer is MASN which is owned by Peter Angelos but to say he is a schill for the Orioles is just not fair.  He reports the good and the bad.  Do you expect him to just to rip the Orioles?

He tends not to ask the tough questions.     I can't say that the "independent" beat writers who cover the Orioles do, either.

1 minute ago, birdwatcher55 said:

He would never survive in Boston. He would be ripped to shreds.

For what?  What has he written that is false?  Him not being good enough for Bostonian's is a feather in his cap for me.  I am glad he writes here in Baltimore.  

3 minutes ago, accinfo said:

He is alright, it's part of his job to say what the O's want him to say.  Steve is the one who bothers me, he simultaneously scoffs at advanced statistics and then touts them to serve the purpose of trying to make the O's decisions and prospects look better, then gets angry when he gets called out for it.

4 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

He's simply a PR writer for the Orioles. I don't feel he has much credibility or offers much of an insight into what is going on behind the scenes.

Do any of the Sun's writers do better, in your opinion?

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He tends not to ask the tough questions.     I can't say that the "independent" beat writers who cover the Orioles do, either.

Agreed.  Machado would have been skewered for his poor start this season in Boston and New York. 

DD would be questioned constantly on trading away young pitching talent and acquiring high priced, mediocre pitchers. 

23 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

I don't think that tweeting the Astros' interest is the issue, but rather the implication of the Dodgers' lack of interest.  Having it out there that both teams are in on Britton in a big way would work to the Orioles' benefit, IMO.  Tweeting that only one of the two teams is really serious would probably work against them, wouldn't it?

Archived