My kingdom for the Joe Angel HR call

Moshagge3

23 hours ago, Frobby said:

As I just posted in another thread, it did look kind of like a lazy fly ball off the bat.     But it carried 433 feet.    Good luck finding the Angel call -- I'm sure they'll play it at the top of tonight's radio broadcast.   

I disagree. A lazy flyball by nature doesn't go 433 feet. the ball was crushed. I honestly think Gary was off his game and tired after the delay because his call was almost like he really wasn't paying attention. I love me some Gary Thorne, but that was not one of his prouder moments as broadcaster.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I disagree. A lazy flyball by nature doesn't go 433 feet. the ball was crushed. I honestly think Gary was off his game and tired after the delay because his call was almost like he really wasn't paying attention. I love me some Gary Thorne, but that was not one of his prouder moments as broadcaster.

He also called the Schoop homer an Adam Jones homer initially (they have similar batting stances so I get it, but jeez). And too often he waits for the ump to signal something when it's clearly visible on the monitor, but I don't think he's a monitor guy.

Doesn't matter, Uncle Gary is the best. 

• 9 months later...
4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I grew up listening to Joe Angel and Jon Miller late at night after my parents thought I was asleep. 

Every single solitary night. 

The man is a huge part of my childhood and my love for the game. We are beyond lucky to have him.

Hasta la vista muchacho!  Plus, you are still a "babe"!  

It's obvious Thorne can't see outfield plays very good. 2 games ago he said Peterson makes the catch in right. A player with long dark hair made the catch and ran in, being it was the 3rd out. Looked like Rasmus to everyone else watching. He doesn't know where deep hits are until it's over. Then he's still not sure. Lol.

Archived