Halfway through the season.

Natty

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, wildcard said:

What makes you think the O's have not been trying to tank since they fell out of the race?

We’re still trotting our our “opening day” lineup. We’re playing the guys that have contacts so that maybe there is a small chance we could move them. 

23 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

They would have sold off some parts if they were tanking. Like Machado and anyone with trade value. Buck is just playing the hand he's been dealt for the most part. If they bring Tillman back for more starts that would look fishy to me. 

The bidding war on Manny will happen is July if it happens.

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

By my math we’re on pace for 46-116. Haha. We will likely have a rainout or two that won’t be played. So maybe we only lose 114. 

What’s more impressive is that we’re doing this with the 12th highest payroll. 

Every team will win 54, lose 54 what counts is what you do with the other 54.

Oh wait.......

1 hour ago, clapdiddy said:

This is the worst Orioles season ever.   Would you believe we'd be at this point after the 2012-2016 run?   

It literally makes no sense.  We’ve scored 68 fewer runs compared to last year’s first half.    The pitching, believe it or not, is 11 runs better than at this point last year.   

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

It literally makes no sense.  We’ve scored 68 fewer runs compared to last year’s first half.    The pitching, believe it or not, is 11 runs better than at this point last year.   

No it doesn't. Whoever takes over this team in 2019 is in for a rough ride. They are terrible.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I think we outperformed  our projections for a few years based on a lot of heart and “want to”. We grinded out a bunch of games because we probably shouldn’t have won. Now the players see the writing on the wall and it’s hard to be on that grind when you know going into the season you are playing with a few guys short, and the team’s future is up in the air. 

Teams have “let down” games all the time. We’re having a “let down” season. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

The team went really south in Seotember and has carried over into this year.Last 28 games scored 83 runs and gave up 161.

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

Management can tank by their decisions.   Like keeping pitchers in too long.   Playing a guy at DH that only hits when he plays the field.  Allowing a superior 3B to be an average fielding SS.  Staying with slumping players instead on trying someone else.

I would think these are obvious tank decisions, but I think Buck really believes that batting Davis every 5th day is a good decision,  letting Manny pick  his position is one, and giving multiple starts to washed up starters like Tillman is also a good decision.  This team would probably have a better record if they were intentionally tanking.

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

I would think these are obvious tank decisions, but I think Buck really believes that batting Davis every 5th day is a good decision,  letting Manny pick  his position is one, and giving multiple starts to washed up starters like Tillman is also a good decision.  This team would probably have a better record if they were intentionally tanking.

I meant to say batting Davis 5th every day instead of every 5th day.  I think logic overtook my fingers while I was typing.

11 hours ago, jabba72 said:

They would have sold off some parts if they were tanking. Like Machado and anyone with trade value. Buck is just playing the hand he's been dealt for the most part. If they bring Tillman back for more starts that would look fishy to me. 

It would look fishy, but I think there’s a distinct possibility that they could do this without the intention of tanking. They’re just that incompetent. 

Archived