O's @ Jays---7/10

micahl69

Well that makes 5 passed....er crossed up balls for Ramon so far.

I'm sure he wasn't crossed up on all of em. I'm also sure that he was crossed up there and it very well may not have been his fault. Do you think it was any coincidence that it happened on the first pitch after a runner reached second for the first time in the game? But don't let facts get in the way of the irrational Hernandez bashing on this board.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His interview with Sherrill last night was horrendous.

" When you walk to the bullpen each night, do you ever say to yourself, I dont want to pitch today"?

Great question:rolleyes:

I'm really glad I missed that... I may have thrown something at the TV.

Sherrill's response should've been: "I dunno... when you walk to the pressbox each night, do you ever say to yourself, I don't want to talk about myself today?"

ugh roberts seems to be getting caught stealing a lot recently.

although that certainly was not his fault.

What happened exactly? I'm listening on the radio and people around me were talking over it. How does he end up caught in a rundown on a throw from the catcher?

How can Brian justify running halfway to 2nd and then stopping? Is he high?

Hit and run. Knew he would have been thrown out at second and so, hoping the catcher threw to second he stopped in order to go back to first and beat the return throw. Unfortunately Barajas didn't throw through...

That's all on Nick. Doesn't swing the bat on a clear hit and run to protect the runner and then gets picked off only being 2 steps off the bag. I love Nick but that's two unacceptable mental errors in a row.

Roberts stopped on the way to 2nd, not sure if it was a missed hit and run by Nick or he just didn't get a good jump and tried to make it back. Kinda think it was the former.

And for Nick's pickoff, that was the first time I have EVER seen Parrish's quick move to first work. Somebody in the O's coaching staff really dropped the ball on telling the team that Parrish does that move. Even though he usually throws it up the right field line.

That's all on Nick. Doesn't swing the bat on a clear hit and run to protect the runner and then gets picked off only being 2 steps off the bad. I love Nick but that's two unacceptable mental errors in a row

Well there was a walk in there as well, so not quite in a row...

Was that a legal pickoff? It looked kinda fishy to me.
Yeah, its legal, Sherrill does it sometimes too.

I hate that move because it almost never works and pitchers constantly throw that snap throw away. Parrish throws that away nearly constantly. I can't believe he actually got somebody with it.

Hit and run. Knew he would have been thrown out at second and so, hoping the catcher threw to second he stopped in order to go back to first and beat the return throw. Unfortunately Barajas didn't throw through...

Yeah, but wouldn't he be better off just going for the steal and hoping for an errant throw? He was halfway to 2nd, he wouldn't have gotten back even if if Barajas had thrown to 2nd. Plus, If I have Roberts' speed, I treat every hit & run as a straight steal.

I'm sure he wasn't crossed up on all of em. I'm also sure that he was crossed up there and it very well may not have been his fault. Do you think it was any coincidence that it happened on the first pitch after a runner reached second for the first time in the game? But don't let facts get in the way of the irrational Hernandez bashing on this board.
I'm really ot a Ramon basher. I think he's getting old and his legs are going It's all footwork for a C. That's why his throws are bad and he can't get in front of the ball in the dirt. He would be a good back up C and RH DH.

Archived