Ex-Orioles in the postseason

Moose Milligan

INTROOH--DEUCING The 2018 Wawld Series Champeen Bawltimawh OhhRioles!!

Nick Markakis RF

Gerardo Parra CF

Justin Turner 3B

Manny Machado SS

Steve Pearce 1B

Jonathan Schoop 2B

Mark Reynolds LF (A Rockie for most of the season)

Ryan Flaherty C :noidea:

RIch Hill, Kevin Gausman, Eduardo Rodriguez, Wade Miley, Zach Davies SP

Andrew Miller, Brad Brach, Josh Hader, Zach Britton RP

Am I missing someone?

Edited by LA2
Thank you, Sessh! And also adding E-Rod.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hallas said:

Regardless of what happens to the prospects we got back from the Dodgers, it's pretty obvious that the Dodgers won this trade.  They wouldn't be in the playoffs but for Manny, and he singlehandedly turned two games around this series, despite the fact that he's in a huge slump.

The only way the Dodgers win the trade is if they win the World Series if not they just traded some prospects for a rental that didn’t help them win it.  

38 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

The only way the Dodgers win the trade is if they win the World Series if not they just traded some prospects for a rental that didn’t help them win it.  

I personally think the bar is lower than that.  Getting to the playoffs is enough of a reward, both psychologically and financially (the revenue sharing for playoff appearances more than offsets the value lost when trading prospects away.) Manny not only helped them get there, he also helped them win this series.  Just as I feel that we won the Andrew Miller trade, I feel the Dodgers won this trade.

That doesn't mean the Orioles lost, of course.  That remains to be seen.

13 hours ago, weams said:

Not really. One is a superstar. The other is middlin'

It was true of Manny through the first handful of games. Not getting anything to hit, but still swinging away. He goes through those stretches sometimes but usually is able to figure it out. You're right, he's a star.

However, it is absolutely true of Schoop. You don't have to throw him strikes. And middlin' is a VERY generous classification for his performance over the past year.

11 hours ago, Hallas said:

Regardless of what happens to the prospects we got back from the Dodgers, it's pretty obvious that the Dodgers won this trade.  They wouldn't be in the playoffs but for Manny, and he singlehandedly turned two games around this series, despite the fact that he's in a huge slump.

Why can't both the O's and the Dodgers win the trade? It doesn't have to be one-sided and his performance in LA this year really has no bearing on the O's right now. Not like he would have elevated the O's any if they kept him.

12 hours ago, LA2 said:

INTROOH--DEUCING The 2018 Wawld Series Champeen Bawltimawh OhhRIOLES!!

Nick Markakis RF

Gerardo Parra CF

Justin Turner 3B

Manny Machado SS

Steve Pearce 1B

Jonathan Schoop 2B

Mark Reynolds LF (A Rockie for most of the season)

Ryan Flaherty C :noidea:

RIch Hill, Kevin Gausman, Wade Miley, Zach Davies SP

Andrew Miller, Brad Brach, Josh Hader, Zach Britton RP

Am I missing someone?

That's a hell of a team actually.