Santander

terpoh

17 hours ago, wildcard said:

Santander needs a good ST.   The O's are going to need two to three 40 man roster spots.  Escobar and a catcher Perez or Sucre may be added.   The O's might add an outfielder from the waiver wire or they may keep Yaz.  

Here are the players I think are on the bubble to make space on the 40 man:  Wright, Hart, Araujo, Osich, Phillips, Santander.  So these guys will be competing to stay or be DFA'd.

A couple pitchers are out of options so if they don't make the roster they will open a spot as well so  might not have to drop anyone off the 40 man that has options.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Jake Fox says hello. 

Fox was a 28 year old journeyman w/o a position in his sixth major league season who’d never been anything other than a mediocrity at the plate. Santander is a 24 year old rookie switch hitting outfielder who has at times crushed it in the minors. Maybe Santander has a future, maybe he doesn’t. But by the time Jake Fox tore up spring training his future was past, and everybody knew it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Fox was a 28 year old journeyman w/o a position in his sixth major league season who’d never been anything other than a mediocrity at the plate. Santander is a 24 year old rookie switch hitting outfielder who has at times crushed it in the minors. Maybe Santander has a future, maybe he doesn’t. But by the time Jake Fox tore up spring training his future was past, and everybody knew it. 

I was joking.  I’m pulling for Santander, but I’ve learned by now never read too much into spring training stats. 

2 minutes ago, Natty said:

He was hitting great in the minors last year. We gave him 101 AB in the majors. .198 BA . Not a good fielder. 

He didn’t hit great in the minors last year at all.    .695 OPS at Bowie (54 games), .599 at Norfolk (11 games).    He also missed about four weeks with a staph infection in his knee.    No matter what he does this spring, he’ll start the year in the minors.    I think the impact of doing well is it keeps him off the list of DFA candidates.  

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He didn’t hit great in the minors last year at all.    .695 OPS at Bowie (54 games), .599 at Norfolk (11 games).    He also missed about four weeks with a staph infection in his knee.    No matter what he does this spring, he’ll start the year in the minors.    I think the impact of doing well is it keeps him off the list of DFA candidates.  

Yea you are correct, My bad. I remember on here lots of people kept saying we should bring him up, give him a chance. So we did. He cant hit.