MLB dot com: Hanser Alberto is Orioles biggest surprise

BohKnowsBmore

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I just said, AR is a "phenom/stud" out of college and Elias started him at rookie ball.

Ok? We're in a full rebuild. Of course he's not rushing Adley.

Say 3 years from now we're competitive and we have a 20 yr old that's crushing it at every level. You think he's going to be the same way and not bringing him up til 23-24? I guess if you want to believe that...

Optics is important here.

To properly challenge the player?  Isn't this supposed to be about player development?

He literally just got drafted. It's hardly crazy to start a guy there right out of the draft regardless of where he's at development wise out of the gate and go from there.

Just now, ISU94 said:

Ok? We're in a full rebuild. Of course he's not rushing Adley.

Say 3 years from now we're competitive and we have a 20 yr old that's crushing it at every level. You think he's going to be the same way and not bringing him up til 23-24? I guess if you want to believe that...

Optics is important here.

I would rather assume that someone is going to continue to act as they have previously than assume that they will change their actions. 

Why would you assume he would start acting differently?  What are you basing that on?

To properly challenge the player?  Isn't this supposed to be about player development?

I’m not sure if this was the official stance but there was talk about having Adley make all the stops to drum up excitement. Like one of those presidential train tours back in the day. I think that’s a reasonable and not terrible idea, likely won’t stunt his growth and it is a system in a long term rebuild, throw the fans a bone.

I would rather assume that someone is going to continue to act as they have previously than assume that they will change their actions. 

Why would you assume he would start acting differently?  What are you basing that on?

Basing it on that systems are run differently in different situations. Heck really anything is, businesses, governments etc. Allow the situation to influence your decisions

• Upvote 1

Just now, survivedc said:

I’m not sure if this was the official stance but there was talk about having Adley make all the stops to drum up excitement. Like one of those presidential train tours back in the day. I think that’s a reasonable and not terrible idea, likely won’t stunt his growth and it is a system in a long term rebuild, throw the fans a bone.

Sure, I think he was throwing the affiliates a bone.  I'm pretty sure that taking a kid getting over mono and having him play at three different affiliates over the span of a couple of months didn't do him any favors.

Hey Adley, here are your new teamates, and your new coaches and your new place to live.  Don't get too comfortable you are doing it again in a couple weeks!

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because of the situation? Answer my question then...

We're competitive 3 years from now, have a 19-20 year old that's crushing it at all levels. We're just going to let him rot down in the minors if he's showing he's ready?

Optics man, if you seriously think how he's running a team during the beginning/during a complete rebuild when W/L don't matter will be the same when the team is going for a pennant...

Like idk what to say.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I said with the way he's been running things.

He's been very conservative with promotions to date. 

As for "the kind of guy", well you could make a case that AR could have started at A+ or even AA last year and Elias had him playing rookie, A- and A ball.

He did have mono, that could have changed their plans. I agree Elias has been very conservative.

I wish Kjerstad would have been put on the 60 man, wouldn't have hurt anything to have him working with the development guys every day.

Just now, survivedc said:

Basing it on that systems are run differently in different situations. Heck really anything is, businesses, governments etc. Allow the situation to influence your decisions

I'm a take the evidence you have and base things off of that sort of thinker.  If all we have seen is A I'm not expecting him to suddenly go all B on us.

Sure, I think he was throwing the affiliates a bone.  I'm pretty sure that taking a kid getting over mono and having him play at three different affiliates over the span of a couple of months didn't do him any favors.

Hey Adley, here are your new teamates, and your new coaches and your new place to live.  Don't get too comfortable you are doing it again in a couple weeks!

He's now a professional athlete in the baseball world. That's part of it, crazy I know....

Just now, ISU94 said:

Because of the situation? Answer my question then...

We're competitive 3 years from now, have a 19-20 year old that's crushing it at all levels. We're just going to let him rot down in the minors if he's showing he's ready?

Optics man, if you seriously think how he's running a team during the beginning/during a complete rebuild when W/L don't matter will be the same when the team is going for a pennant...

Like idk what to say.

I think what you want to say is that "I would do things this way so I'm going to assume Elias would do the same thing."

3 minutes ago, makoman said:

He did have mono, that could have changed their plans. I agree Elias has been very conservative.

I wish Kjerstad would have been put on the 60 man, wouldn't have hurt anything to have him working with the development guys every day.

At least one "expert" thought that Kjerstad was ML ready when drafted.