11th Inning defense. Why was Alberto out?

ChipTait

30 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

In the 11th inning, Sisco moved from DH to C, Holaday from C to 1B, Nunez to 3rd and Ruiz to 2nd.

Was Alberto injured?  What did I miss?

I have no idea, but Maybe because of his ridiculous error that cost cost two unearned runs?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Frobby said:

He’s generally a very good defender.   

Yes and I was surprised. But so what? Adam said,”sometimes you suck.” And I really took that to heart. But I would still yank him from the game. You don’t let such a gaffe pass.

if he hadn’t made that error, Akin has a clean outing and we don’t go extra innings, instead getting a shutout.

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Yes and I was surprised. But so what? Adam said,”sometimes you suck.” And I really took that to heart. But I would still yank him from the game. You don’t let such a gaffe pass.

if he hadn’t made that error, Akin has a clean outing and we don’t go extra innings, instead getting a shutout.

I did not see the play, but it was a physical error, correct?    Six innings earlier?  Nobody who’s generally a good fielder gets pulled from a game in extra innings for that.    

26 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

If the Jays had tied the game, the O's would have had to bat their pitcher in the 12th.  All the hitters were used up.  That was only his 2nd error all year.  Stupid error, I'll agree, but...

Actually the new defensive alignment was weaker than the previous. My suggestion was actually made in jest,Because I have no idea why it was done, but looking over the new lineup, it is inexplicable.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I did not see the play, but it was a physical error, correct?    Six innings earlier?  Nobody who’s generally a good fielder gets pulled from a game in extra innings for that.    

Yes I agree, especially because the new alignment was considerably weaker defensively. Still, you Gotta do something when someone does something so egregious. They’re not playing for minimum-wage. You’re allowed to expect more from them.

Was wondering this myself. One of my biggest problems with the Scott Garceau and the analysts this year is a failure to recognize these kinds of situations. I understand that they aren't at the games and the situation is challenging but they are seeing and being given more information than the viewer is and yet we notice things that they don't.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, GuidoSarducci said:

I have no idea why Hyde thought Nunez at 3rd was somehow better than keeping Alberto at 2nd.  Sometimes he makes real headscratcher moves.

Obviously there has to be some sort of injury to Alberto.  The move wasn't made for defensive purposes.  We got worse at 3B and C, and put our pitcher in the batting order.  Was Hyde asked about on the post game ZC?

Alberto had a ground ball to him in short RF. Akin was pulled  prior to that with runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs in a 1-0 game. All  Alberto had to do was throw a strike to 1B to end the inning and hold the 1-0 lead. He like a lot of our infielders throws a 3/4 arm toss that sailed about 2 feet over Nunez's head. Ridiculous ! The players looked at him like WTF. 2 errors ?  He has screwed up before at 2B. I guess they didn't give him errors..