Orioles Lose Zach Pop and Grey Fenter in Rule Five

weams

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Pop has now pitched twice, throwing two scoreless and hitless innings, walking one (previous outing) and striking out three (two yesterday).    Definitely a good showing, now that he’s pitching in games.   

Thanks!  However, as everyone here knows, spring stats do not count and should be disregarded in all instances.  They only matter to the uninformed.  ?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, camdencrush said:

I hope Zach succeeds and I think it was a mistake to lose him. I do not think this is proven by him throwing a couple spring training scoreless innings, however.

It’s not the innings..it’s the stuff.  If he shows that, he’s in.

On 3/12/2021 at 8:30 PM, ScGO's said:

Nice to get him back. Is he in our top 30 Prospects now? Him being taken in the Rule V shows that he is still an interesting prospect.

He was just off our list though we like the upside of him a bit as a reliever. The question was command of his fastball, curveball combo against upper level hitters and his age was becoming a factor. I could see the Orioles being a little aggressive with him and maybe even see how he does against AA hitters this year in a relief role.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• It’s O’s and Yanks. Good guys versus bad guys. Baby Birds up against the Evil Empire — and another trip to the post-season is in the cards. I’ve been cheering for the O’s and very specifically against the Yanks going on six decades, and I’m getting good at it. So, yeah. I’m fired up. Now ask me about hopes and dreams. I don’t think this Orioles team is going to make a run to WS this year.  They have scuffled, they have failed — but I’m reminded, even in the platinum age of data — baseball is still a game of failure.  And man, runners in scoring position over the last week, I’m not sure I want to know that number. They’re still my guys. As long as they’re in it, so am I.
    • Let's go Tampa! Actually, I'm fired up for the offseason.
    • Not fired up, per se, but engaged in the ramp-up to playoff baseball. On one hand, it's like the spring training phase of gearing up for playoffs. On the other hand, it's like the playoffs have already begun. We're qualified for round 1, which consists of the next 6 games. Even watching the other teams play now is entertaining, as they jostle for entry to the next round. 
    • I really think that Westburg is the difference maker for us. I don't know why, but the offense just doesn't run right without him... like an engine that needs a tune up. I'm glad he's back with a week to go in the regular season.
    • Don't be too hard on yourself OP. We've all been there. For me, I usually hit a frustration point mid-late season and then start to just accept things. Baseball is a very weird, very inscrutable game sometimes. I've driven myself a bit nuts this season with the Adley thing because it's one of those baseball things that just doesn't make a lot of sense. Same with the pitching injuries.  Each season is a little narrative. This one will be the year we had a bunch of injuries, the year of the RISP regression, the year of the rookie struggles, the year of the questionable Elias trades, the year we couldn't follow up on the 100-win season, etc. And yet - it will be a playoff year. And that's the only goal of every regular season: make the playoffs. Hopefully our playoff narrative will change this time around. 
    • I’m fired up for sure. We are finally full strength offensively and this stretch of games will be a great way for this team to gel down the stretch. The AL East is still attainable so let’s kick ass from here and see where we land!
    • Westburg is back. Everything is fine now. Enjoy the championship run.
  • Popular Contributors