2021 Ongoing Lineup Thread

interloper

Ok Sisco is a lousy hitter and this lineup sacrifices defense. McKenna doesn’t hit, but he does Defense, so MC at DH and McKenna in the OF at least gives you better D and removes one bad hitter.

deck chairs, though. Doesn’t really matter.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Ok Sisco is a lousy hitter and this lineup sacrifices defense. McKenna doesn’t hit, but he does Defense, so MC at DH and McKenna in the OF at least gives you better D and removes one bad hitter.

deck chairs, though. Doesn’t really matter.

Sisco's career OPS is .702 vs RHP.   Are you so sure McKenna, a righty hitter, would do much better vs righties in the majors?   

I don't think Mountcastle is that bad a left fielder.

• Upvote 1

o

Trying to salvage the final game of the series ...... 

BALTIMORE O RIOLES  ))))) (vs. YANKEES, 4/07)

Boyce Cedric Mullins II - CF 

Joseph Anthony "Trey" Mancini III - 1B

Anthony Santander - RF

Ryan Mountcastle - LF 

Maikel Franco - DH

Pedro Severino De Leon - C 

Rio Ruiz - 3B

Freddy Galvis - SS

Ramon Urias - 2B

John Alan Means - LHP )) (1-0, 0.00 ERA) 

OPPOSINPITCHER

Jameson Lee Taillon - RHP )) (2-3, 4.10 ERA) ) * ))) *

* )) [PITTSBURGH PIRATES]

* )) (2019 Season)

https://www.baseballpress.com/Lineups

o

• Upvote 1

1. Cedric Mullins (L) CF

2. Trey Mancini (R) 1B

3. Anthony Santander (S) RF

4. Ryan Mountcastle (R) LF

5. Maikel Franco (R) DH

6. Pedro Severino (R) C

7. Rio Ruiz (L) 3B

8. Freddy Galvis (S) SS

9. Ramon Urias (R) 2B

Rio at 3rd, Franco at DH.

Judge gets a night off for the Yankees.

By the way, I believe we are the first team this year that has a night game then travel to a new location followed by a day game the next day.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Think he will continue to cycle players at DH when Stewart returns?

I would imagine so. Mountcastle/Santander/Stewart/Mancini can be rotated through LF/RF and Mountcastle/Mancini/Ruiz/Franco can be rotated through 1B to get whoever you want in the lineup.

Frankly, the Ruiz at second experiment is going well enough that I would option Urias over McKenna if they are going to keep a three man bench until Hays gets back. Seems like McKenna would play more as a backup centerfielder / pinchrunner / corner outfield defensive sub than Urias would as one of two backup options at second and short.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

By the way, I believe we are the first team this year that has a night game then travel to a new location followed by a day game the next day.

I'm not sure what the number is, but there is a mileage limit on when this is allowed. Think it is maybe 600? 

Regardless, with ticket sales not a consideration, today's game clearly should have been a day game.

Fortunately the forecast is clear so they should get out at a reasonable hour tonight.

5 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I would imagine so. Mountcastle/Santander/Stewart/Mancini can be rotated through LF/RF and Mountcastle/Mancini/Ruiz/Franco can be rotated through 1B to get whoever you want in the lineup.

Frankly, the Ruiz at second experiment is going well enough that I would option Urias over McKenna if they are going to keep a three man bench until Hays gets back. Seems like McKenna would play more as a backup centerfielder / pinchrunner / corner outfield defensive sub than Urias would as one of two backup options at second and short.

If you/they think Valaika is capable enough backing up SS.