What a start!

Moose Milligan

I'm all about waiting for a few rotation turns to begin conclusions. 

That said: Starting pitching is 17 and change pitched for 5 runs thus far.  That's respectable. 

Harvey had some things not go his way, but his stuff has looked better than it has in seasons.  

Means is great.  

Bruce's stuff passed the eye test, and only one walk issued was good.  

I'm not looking for the O's to compete this year, but strong steps in the right direction would be fantastic.

• Upvote 1

Pinstripe Alley is almost as berserk as Over The Monster.

Boone has said he wants Stanton to play all three games against us so he rested him today.

Yankee fans are complaining about every aspect of the Yankees’ play.

It would be unkind to deprive them of more reasons to complain.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, O-The-Memories said:

Awesome start and I am thrilled that we look like we have some legit potential this year to develop talent. I really hope Hays isn't out already though. 

It's bound to happen several times this year. He's injury-prone, as they say. Good thing we have roster depth in the OF/1B/DH. Do we know yet when Stewart's due back?

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Happy with the start ....But its the Sawx

It's only a three game series, but the Red Sox look terrible. It's interesting, I hate the Yankees as a team more than the Red Sox, but the Red Sox fans I loathe with a passion. They're the worst fanbase in MLB and it really isn't close IMO. 

Nothing was worse in the 2000's than the waves of Red Sox fans that would invade downtown and the Inner Harbor for an Orioles/Red Sox series. "Sore winner" is a term invented for Red Sox fans.  

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Do you actually the MLB postseason?  Most teams get their starters out by the 6th inning.
    • The whole “the key with Crochet” is exactly why trading for him makes no sense. On top of that, how does he bounce back next year after throwing so many more innings than he ever has? Im not questioning his talent, his upside, age, service time or anything.  It’s all on the side of the team that has him. But they are going to want multiple top 50 type prospects for a guy with ace potential and a lot of service time.  His name shouldn’t even be mentioned imo.
    • Suarez has not had one single quality start this season. While I love what he has given us, he is the classic definition of a “5 and dive” pitcher, which is fine, especially for the regular season as long as you have other starters (like Burnes) who can give consistent length. The problem with that for the post season is that forces your middle relievers into the game against teams with the best offenses. I’m not confident that the odds are necessarily stacked in our favor in some of those matchups. But hey you never know, Akin sure surprised me on Friday with a stellar outing.
    • What do the Rangers do at the deadline? Do they just stand pat and hope next year goes better?
    • I don’t think he’s worth Holliday/Mayo/Basallo level just because of the injury/innings limit concerns, but he’s pitching this year like one of the best SP in baseball and has 2.5 years of control (which will be cheap years in arb, considering he’s gone through once at just over league min).  The key with Crochet is he has to still be starting in the playoffs to get full value from him then. That means either you let him keep rolling and hope the innings don’t catch up, or you do load management by some combination of skipping starts, pitch count limits and/or shifting him to the pen. I could see a team using Crochet as a RP until September and then stretching him back out before the playoffs when you have expanded rosters to help bridge the innings during the initial shorter starts. But it’d be pretty wild to see a team pay what it’s going to take for him to then immediately shelf him like that. 
    • This has been discussed a ton over the years.  It hasn’t been many but there have been a few. Jared Weaver was one. Searching through here or on google will give you the info.     But none of that matters imo. He’s not turning down that contract.  There is nothing but upside for him with that type of deal.  Now, maybe instead of 7 guaranteed years, we now get 6 (ie, we didn’t sign him to the deal before this season started, so that’s one less guaranteed year on the deal) but he’s not turning it down. 
    • Zero chance he turns it down.  The money in that deal is essentially his best case scenario. Zippy chance.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now