Play by Play Announcers

SteveA

It’s really sad that we’ve gone from what we had a little earlier to what we have now. I long for the days of Gary on TV and Joe angel on the radio. I can only imagine how people that grew up with Thompson and Miller feel.

Edited by Why_Knott?

4 hours ago, half hop said:

Melanie Newman does not belong in a MLB  broadcast booth. Lots of awesome gals out there doing excellent sports broadcasting. Just not ours.

The idea that a radio broadcaster must be a particular gender is stupid. I don’t care so long as they do a good job and she doesn’t in any category. The worst thing any company can do is say,” I want this gender and I don’t care about anything else”

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TommyPickles said:

Garceau is boring to me.

Palmer talks about himself so so much.

I like Melanie Newman. I also was really starting to like Ben McDonald last season, though I haven’t heard him this season.

I miss Gary Thorne more than I thought I would.

I got the feeling from today's brocadcast that Garceau & Palmer won't be on this week. So maybe we'll get Kevin Brown & Ben McDonald for the Mariners and Rangers series.

• Upvote 1

I was extremely pleased with the Kevin Brown - Ben McDonald team in today’s doubleheader.    To me, Brown has gotten more and more comfortable over the last three years.   And McDonald is a joy to listen to any time.   The two of them have good chemistry when they work together.   

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't get the Kevin Brown love.  Seems too try hard at times to be witty.   I mean, he's better than Garceau, but that's not saying much.

Well, he's the best we've got. His tone and cadence remind me of Joe Buck.

On 4/11/2021 at 9:10 PM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Kevin Brown is the best play-by-play announcer working the Orioles games now after all the changes. 

That may be true, but it says more about his competition than it does about his own virtue.