Adley Rutschman 2021

glenn__davis

7 hours ago, joelala said:

There wouldn’t be much justification. But he won’t have that slash line. 

Probably not.   But it won’t shock me if his AAA line is better than his AA line.   Four games down, 38 to go, so we’ll see about that.  

11 hours ago, waroriole said:

So when he ends the AAA season with .400/.500/.650 line, what’s the the justification for starting him in AAA next season?

Yea I was thinking the same thing.

So far, he has only caught at AAA.  Will be interesting to see if that keeps up.  He played a lot of first and DH in Bowie.  

My guess is that their justification will be that they want him to catch more innings in the minors.

If they go all this year and don’t bring him up and then start him in Baltimore from day 1, that will have been a colossally stupid decision.  If you are going to game the clock, you had better do it fully. 

How the new CBa is written could change this of course.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea I was thinking the same thing.

So far, he has only caught at AAA.  Will be interesting to see if that keeps up.  He played a lot of first and DH in Bowie.  

My guess is that their justification will be that they want him to catch more innings in the minors.

If they go all this year and don’t bring him up and then start him in Baltimore from day 1, that will have been a colossally stupid decision.  If you are going to game the clock, you had better do it fully. 

How the new CBa is written could change this of course.

You are advocating preventing Super 2 status?

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I guess..super 2 doesn’t change your status in terms of how many years you are with the club.  That’s all I care about.

If you are going to exploit your workforce you should do it properly.  With an All Star caliber player you can avoid paying them millions by denying them that fourth year of arbitration.