Sat Sept 18: Orioles at Red Sox

SteveA

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

I understand, but it’s not my point. McKenna was inserted to the DH spot and he’s not a huge upgrade offensively.

Obviously the move was made because the Red Sox had a LH pitcher, and Stewart is poor vs RH.  Of course the Six brought in a right.

Just now, Il BuonO said:

I understand, but it’s not my point. McKenna was inserted to the DH spot and he’s not a huge upgrade offensively.

I hear ya, but I think that was an important situation - with 2 runners on and 1 out in a tie game.  Granted, McKenna's certainly not a great hitter.  We have Hayes in LF and Mullins in CF, so McKenna would probably come in in RF - where he doesn't have a great arm.  I suppose they could move Hays to RF, but do you really want to move him around at the end of a game?      

Just now, Ruzious said:

I hear ya, but I think that was an important situation - with 2 runners on and 1 out in a tie game.  Granted, McKenna's certainly not a great hitter.  We have Hayes in LF and Mullins in CF, so McKenna would probably come in in RF - where he doesn't have a great arm.  I suppose they could move Hays to RF, but do you really want to move him around at the end of a game?      

LF at Fenway to replace Santander.

1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

It’s probably moot by the time they get to the 7th and are blown out, but I’d like the option.

Just now, SteveA said:

Obviously Mancini would have been a better option than McKenna.  Guess he's not available at all.

And that would have made perfect sense, but it’s also early  with runners at 1st and 2nd, not 2nd and 3rd with a guy who’s also struggled to hit ML pitching this year. 

The move by the Red Sox should have been foreseen and the upgrade is questionable at best in that situation.