O's still in 3 way dance

bigbird

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, according to the tigersblog Elias listings, they had Marquis as the very first NL pitcher who didn't qualify as a Type B. So if he has a decent year, there is a chance we could get a draft pick for him if we offer arbitration (which if he has a decent year, he'd likely decline and take a multi-year offer from someone else).

Another interesting twist. No mention of Pie to the O's.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-10-cubs-winter-meetings-chicdec10,0,4553272.story

"Hendry declined to comment on talk that Mark DeRosa was headed to Philadelphia for pitching prospects that would be sent to San Diego to complete a potential Peavy deal, but Phillies sources insisted a deal was in place and ready to go if the Cubs decide to pull the trigger with the Padres."

"While nothing appears imminent, the Cubs have done enough groundwork on the Peavy deal to pull it off quickly. According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, Jason Marquis would replace Sean Marshall in the package going to the Padres, with the Cubs eating more than half of his $9.8 million salary. The Phillies would send two pitching prospects to the Padres while acquiring DeRosa from the Cubs."

Another interesting twist. No mention of Pie to the O's.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-10-cubs-winter-meetings-chicdec10,0,4553272.story

"Hendry declined to comment on talk that Mark DeRosa was headed to Philadelphia for pitching prospects that would be sent to San Diego to complete a potential Peavy deal, but Phillies sources insisted a deal was in place and ready to go if the Cubs decide to pull the trigger with the Padres."

"While nothing appears imminent, the Cubs have done enough groundwork on the Peavy deal to pull it off quickly. According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, Jason Marquis would replace Sean Marshall in the package going to the Padres, with the Cubs eating more than half of his $9.8 million salary. The Phillies would send two pitching prospects to the Padres while acquiring DeRosa from the Cubs."

That sounds like no O's to me.:confused:

I would like for us to be part of the deal, and have all ready come to terms with having Marquis. But, now I don't think it will come to be...

I guess AM got tired of waiting, I can't blame him. We have more important thing to do.

Maybe the Cubs were just getting even for the epic BRob saga of lasy year ;).

Anyhow, if we get Pie for Olson great, if not, oh well. Wonder if the demand for Olson from the Padres will increase other clubs interest in Olson. Maybe like Reimold and Olson for Hermida just for example.

The more teams involved, the more difficult to pull it off.

Well, if there's one silver lining (at least, for those of us that favored the Olson-Pie swap), the O's were never really in the three team trade. We were simply trading Olson to Chicago for Pie.

Perhaps that deal is still on? :noidea:

Maybe the Cubs were just getting even for the epic BRob saga of lasy year ;).

Anyhow, if we get Pie for Olson great, if not, oh well. Wonder if the demand for Olson from the Padres will increase other clubs interest in Olson. Maybe like Reimold and Olson for Hermida just for example.

I like it! :)

Archived