Kjerstad looking good in his first spring training (Update: Out 8-12 weeks Hamstring injury)

Tony-OH

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Latest update from Roch:

* Outfielder Heston Kjerstad continues to take batting practice at extended spring training while working back from a hamstring injury sustained in an intrasquad game in Sarasota prior to spring training.

The Orioles are hoping that Kjerstad can begin playing in games later this month, before his actual professional debut in the minor league system.

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/nevin-producing-with-steadier-playing-time-plus-kjerstad-update

Games in late May honestly sounds somewhat aggressive. I would have thought a couple more weeks still.

40 minutes ago, interloper said:

Games in late May honestly sounds somewhat aggressive. I would have thought a couple more weeks still.

Extended ST games in a week or so seems right.  Does that for a week or so and then heads to Delmarva in early June if there are no setbacks.

38 minutes ago, interloper said:

It’s been 10 weeks now, and 11 by the time he gets in a game. Certainly do not want to come back too soon, but it’s the middle of the original window. 

On 5/21/2022 at 3:32 PM, Sports Guy said:

Extended ST games in a week or so seems right.  Does that for a week or so and then heads to Delmarva in early June if there are no setbacks.

I'd wager they do 2 weeks in extended rather than 1. They slow play everything.

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2022 at 10:51 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

At this point no rush. I know we all want him playing, but dude went through a lot of crap with the myocardia. I wouldn’t even be upset if he debuted in the FCL. 

My money is he starts in the FCL when it opens on June 6th.

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2022 at 7:47 PM, Sports Guy said:

I had to read Elias' quote a few times.  The first time I read it I interpreted it as Kjerstad still dealing with the myocarditis issues.  Hopefully, that is not the case and it was just poorly phrased by Elias.

12 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

My money is he starts in the FCL when it opens on June 6th.

I agree. This way he can get his heart monitored the entire time at our team facility down there. Make sure he checks out then cut him loose to an affiliate. Just get the guy back healthy and the timetable will work itself out. 

On 5/24/2022 at 9:21 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

I agree. This way he can get his heart monitored the entire time at our team facility down there. Make sure he checks out then cut him loose to an affiliate. Just get the guy back healthy and the timetable will work itself out. 

If he is passed his myocarditis, he won't  need to  get monitored continuously. Occasion EEG or EKG would suffice.Most people don't have it long term.Not sure what his diagnosis and outcome revealed.