Grayson Rodriguez 2022

justD

In Games Started, his Year to Date now lags last year 23-14.

I still think there's some chance if he is sharp Friday in Norfolk (15), he is at OPACY next Wednesday for the Tigers (16).

If that is the next 10 days, it would also line him up to pitch at Fenway (17) and at Yankee Stadium (18) on the last roadtrip.

That lived experience to fuel his offseason seems like it would be a good thing.

The recent ramp up outings now have his Pitches/Game a touch below 70 (962 in 14 games), same as last year.

I think cup of coffee or Arizona is probably an Either/Or as I don't recall any MLB guys there except as injury rehabs, and granted Norfolk + Arizona would give more length.    Wishing for beer and tacos, I'm rooting for them to send him to MLB + Arizona.

• Upvote 1

A bit from Jon Meoli's newsletter today.

There’s an interesting quote from Mike Elias in this week’s Orioles reset at the Sun, via my pal Nathan Ruiz, that adds a strike against finishing players with their playoff clubs.

“I am a big believer in getting a little taste of a level, kind of getting your nose punched, and then going home for the winter and working on the things that you would need to do to get back to that level, and then going back and repeating it and having a little bit of what I would call, like, sophomore swagger to you.”

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2022 at 1:50 PM, Just Regular said:

Pitch count up to 56, and out.     Only 29 strikes, but got 7 strikeouts with them, leaving precious few strikes at all for plate appearances not ending in K's.

Lot of traffic in the 3rd inning, 3 walks and 1 hit, and all four runs crossed.

On to Norfolk and ~70 pitches Friday.

Just a rusty start. It really doesn’t matter if he’s pitching in AAA or AA. 

51 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Just a rusty start. It really doesn’t matter if he’s pitching in AAA or AA. 

Honestly he was a pitch away from throwing three hitless innings with 8 strikeouts.   Guy hit a 1-2 pitch for a two-out single after the previous two batters struck out.  

• Thanks 1