Austin Hays 2022

Ohfan67

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

4 for 5 with 3 doubles today.

All three were pulled right over the 3B bag.

So, he’s now at .279/.364/.471.   He took over the team OPS lead from Santander, who fell to .792.   Hays when he’s hot is a fun player to watch (who isn’t, I guess).   

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

All three were pulled right over the 3B bag.

So, he’s now at .279/.364/.471.   He took over the team OPS lead from Santander, who fell to .792.   Hays when he’s hot is a fun player to watch (who isn’t, I guess).   

Who?

This guys final "hot" streak was not fun.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Hays is so fun to watch.   The throw he made tonight was outstanding, then the hits a bomb over the LF wall for the go ahead run.   He has fun playing the game, too.   

He has been in full-on beast mode lately.  I love watching him play.

4 minutes ago, BrendanPlutschak said:

There's a world where Hays becomes a better, more valuable piece to this team then Mullins. There is so much unfilled potential in him that I don't think we've seen yet. 

Wouldn’t surprise me.   I expected Hays to be as good as he’s becoming.   Mullins caught me by surprise.   I like surprises like that.  

On 4/28/2022 at 7:48 AM, Catch 8 said:

Been a while since my last post.  What are the scouts grading Hays’ arm at?

Do they have scouting reports for guys who are in the ML and no longer considered prospects?  

When you see that throw from the new LF corner do you need a scout’s grade to judge what he’s got? 

Was your post tongue-in-cheek? 🙃

On 4/28/2022 at 7:48 AM, Catch 8 said:

Been a while since my last post.  What are the scouts grading Hays’ arm at?

4 hours ago, justD said:

Do they have scouting reports for guys who are in the ML and no longer considered prospects?  

When you see that throw from the new LF corner do you need a scout’s grade to judge what he’s got? 

I think the post was meant at face value, so I’ll answer it.  

Hays debuted in the majors in 2017, but didn’t lose rookie status until 2020, so offseason lists following the 2017, 2018, and 2019 seasons all listed Hays as a prospect after he’d been seen in the majors.   I dug up ones from Fangraphs, BA and 2080 Baseball, and they all graded his arm at 60.  By the way, Fangraphs on its player pages gives the scouting grades from the last report it did before the player lost prospect status.   You can see Hays’ scouting grades here: https://www.fangraphs.com/players/austin-hays/19363/stats?position=OF

And now I have a complaint for @Tony-OH: I tried to go back to his list from after the 2019 season, but the links from the threads that give his scouting reports are all broken.   Then I found Luke-OH’s thread from 2018 midseason and the link from that thread to his long article on the top 50 prospects at that time is also broken.   So, it’s impossible to access the articles that give Tony’s and Luke’s old scouting reports.   And @Tony-OH, I looked for your and Luke’s reports before I looked at Fangraphs, BA and 2080 Baseball!   Here’s an example, try navigating from here:  https://forum.orioleshangout.com/topic/36626-2019-top-30-prospects-list/#comment-2540887   I assume this problem probably relates to the conversion to a new host and probably applies to lots of links to past OH articles, not just the old prospect reports.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, justD said:

The last time Hays was listed as a prospect in 2019 he had a 60 Arm, 60 Field, 55 Speed rating.    He had a 50-55 Hit and a 50 Power rating.   I think most of those rating have held except for his Power which could be 55 because of his homers in 2021.   His biggest probably has been staying healthy.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think the post was meant at face value, so I’ll answer it.  

Hays debuted in the majors in 2017, but didn’t lose rookie status until 2020, so offseason lists following the 2017, 2018, and 2019 seasons all listed Hays as a prospect after he’d been seen in the majors.   I dug up ones from Fangraphs, BA and 2080 Baseball, and they all graded his arm at 60.  By the way, Fangraphs on its player pages gives the scouting grades from the last report it did before the player lost prospect status.   You can see Hays’ scouting grades here: https://www.fangraphs.com/players/austin-hays/19363/stats?position=OF

And now I have a complaint for @Tony-OH: I tried to go back to his list from after the 2019 season, but the links from the threads that give his scouting reports are all broken.   Then I found Luke-OH’s thread from 2018 midseason and the link from that thread to his long article on the top 50 prospects at that time is also broken.   So, it’s impossible to access the articles that give Tony’s and Luke’s old scouting reports.   And @Tony-OH, I looked for your and Luke’s reports before I looked at Fangraphs, BA and 2080 Baseball!   Here’s an example, try navigating from here:  https://forum.orioleshangout.com/topic/36626-2019-top-30-prospects-list/#comment-2540887   I assume this problem probably relates to the conversion to a new host and probably applies to lots of links to past OH articles, not just the old prospect reports.

Yes, somehow when we switched servers it broke all the past links. I've go to try and get them fixed somehow. Sorry for the inconvienence. 

15 hours ago, BrendanPlutschak said:

There's a world where Hays becomes a better, more valuable piece to this team then Mullins. There is so much unfilled potential in him that I don't think we've seen yet. 

Hays is good but tell me what he does better than Mullins. Other than arm strength, I can’t think of anything.