2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

Just now, RVAOsFan said:

You guys thought Hyde’s lineup last night was bad…

Should the Vavra meltdown go in here or in his thread?

Probably best for it to be in both...spread the anger out.  Seriously though it's stupid.  Keep Urias at 3rd and give Vavra his first start at 2nd.  Nevin shouldn't even be on the roster really, and even if he is he shouldn't get getting starts over Vavra at this point.  I know we are playing good baseball, but some of these lineup decisions later are...questionable at best.  

1 minute ago, RVAOsFan said:

He should have played last night…Vavra isn’t great against lefties. Good to see Odor out of the lineup…but honestly I’ve forgotten Nevin was even still on the active roster. 

7 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Going all righthanded vs Yarbrough.

Yarbrough's career splits:
    vs RHB:  .331/.390/.568/.958
    vs LHB:  .189/.286/.270/.556

Wow.

EDIT:    

My bad, that is THIS YEAR.   Career:

vs RHB:  .263/.308/.441/.760
vs LHB:  .223/.296/.360/.655

Edited by SteveA

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Wow.

Haha, great minds think alike.   I think the 950/550 is just 2022, which today is perhaps more relevant than his career numbers.

Albert Pujols ain't all that today, but was glad to see him help the watered down Cardinals in Toronto last night!

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

Haha, great minds think alike.   I think the 950/550 is just 2022, which today is perhaps more relevant than his career numbers.

Albert Pujols ain't all that today, but was glad to see him help the watered down Cardinals in Toronto last night!

Yep, I caught my error and corrected it.   But yeah, when I see a manager bend over backwards to put together an all RH lineup, the lefty starter's career splits is t he first place I check.

Quick question.    From BW Parkway northbound, any recommendations for best parking move?

Today is really my first time as an ex-Marylander heading for the stadium complex from the Virginia side.    My usual lot on Pratt Street probably not my best move anymore.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Wow.

Well this makes a lot of sense.  Look for pinch hitters once the Rays go to the BP; Hopefully Vavra for Nevin, switch Vavra and Urias in the field.

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

Yeah I defended the lineup yesterday but this lineup is atrocious.  Sit Mullins on same day as Adley?  I get the LH  v RH thing but Oof.

Kind of knew Adley was going to sit today.   He hasn't missed a game since the ASB, he certainly wasn't going to catch today.   So if you DH him you either lose Mountcastle, Mancini (not on what could be his last home game), or put Mancini in the OF.  

Day game after a night game, where he has caught three straight nights in hot weather... I think its very defensible to give Adley the day off today, doesn't surprise me at all.

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Quick question.    From BW Parkway northbound, any recommendations for best parking move?

Today is really my first time as an ex-Marylander heading for the stadium complex from the Virginia side.    My usual lot on Pratt Street probably not my best move anymore.

Geez, day games are tough because a lot of the parking garages are full.  I often park in the UofMD Hospital garage at the corner of Pratt St and Penn St for night games, it's reasonably priced and a very short walk.   But i would GUESS that it might be full of downtown workers for a day game, not to mention it might be priced a lot more.

Sorry, can't help.   I often park for free at the North Linthicum light rail stop and take the train in.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Well this makes a lot of sense.  Look for pinch hitters once the Rays go to the BP; Hopefully Vavra for Nevin, switch Vavra and Urias in the field.

Just note that I corrected myself, those are his 2022 splits.   HIs career splits are not as drastically different, though there is still a nealry 100 point difference in OPS.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Kind of knew Adley was going to sit today.   He hasn't missed a game since the ASB, he certainly wasn't going to catch today.   So if you DH him you either lose Mountcastle, Mancini (not on what could be his last home game), or put Mancini in the OF.  

Day game after a night game, where he has caught three straight nights in hot weather... I think its very defensible to give Adley the day off today, doesn't surprise me at all.

I didn't mean to imply that they shouldn't sit Adley - you're correct, I did expect that as well.  I'm just saying give Ced a different day off; sit him last night and play him today, whatever.  Don't sit your leadoff hitter, AND your best hitter, on the same day.