Wednesday, July 6: Orioles try to get their first series sweep since last July vs Nats

SteveA

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

The fifth inning is the danger inning in this series.

Yep, this is a big inning.   And it's mostly on Watkins.   Given who is available tonight in the pen, I don't think Hyde can have a quick hook here.   Looking at who we have to pitch, you don't want to go to the pen in the 5th and have to cover more than 4 innings (while probably saving at least one arm just in case of extra innings).

Even if he gives up a couple runs here, I think Watkins needs to finish the 5th.  His pitch count is still low.

Just now, Moshagge3 said:

If he can get through one more it's set up for Sulser-Perez-Lopez. But can the offense do anything without the Rangers defense handing it to them?

Otto won't be around much longer.   We'll get someone else to take some swings against pretty soon.

3 minutes ago, PHRESH said:

"hard to get anything in this O's outfield" says Kevin after Texas just hit two doubles to the outfield 

The only person that could have gotten to those balls is Quicksilver.  xBA was .890 and .960 on those balls.

6 minutes ago, Hallas said:

The only person that could have gotten to those balls is Quicksilver.  xBA was .890 and .960 on those balls.

Yeah, people are being a little hard on Ben here.   Our outfield IS good and they DO cover a lot of ground, as long as Mancini isn't out there and Santander is not gimpy.  Pointing that out after McKenna goes a long way to make a play doesn't mean you are Mike Bordick/Jim Hunter.

9 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

If he can get through one more it's set up for Sulser-Perez-Lopez. But can the offense do anything without the Rangers defense handing it to them?

Tied his career high in innings and still just around 70 pitches.   Probably let him start the 7th, but have Sulser or Perez up depending on whether the guys due to bat 3rd-6th are primarily RH or LH.

I don't know how he's doing it.   But I'm enjoying it.

• Upvote 1