Trade Deadline Primer/Thread

Roll Tide

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Looks like Mariners are getting Luis Castillo.  Makes our wild card path tougher.

Their schedule is a huge advantage over the Orioles. They are done with Houston this weekend. Play some tough teams yet including Yankees but overall it’s very manageable 

50 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Can't believe they got Noelvi Marte for a season and a half of Castillo. He is ranked slightly below Gunnar, but he is a consensus top 20 prospect, and I certainly wouldn't trade Gunnar 1 for 1 for Castillo.

Yeah, just seeing this a few minutes ago, but going to say this will remind some Mariners fans of the Bedard trade.

I wonder if Dave Cameron will come out of the ether to write a story about how Marte alone for Castillo would have been an overpay.

I'll take the 2022 hit for what this hollows out of future Mariners this decade.

• Haha 1

Has Tyler Mahle been brought up? Thoughts?

He’s a mid-rotation guy in Cinci who could also be on the move. Free agent after 2023. Prefer a starter with more controllable years but Mahle could be had for a reasonable price in prospects. 

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Their schedule is a huge advantage over the Orioles. They are done with Houston this weekend. Play some tough teams yet including Yankees but overall it’s very manageable 

The Mariners are already up 2 games on the O's thanks to their 4-2 record against us.  Our best plan is to beat up on the Ray and try to hang w/ the Blue Jays.