Yusniel Diaz to the SHOW!

Yardball85

3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

He was good for 2 and a half weeks in April before getting hurt. Lousy since coming back in late June. Would like to figure out whether he merits a 40-man spot over the winter, so I wouldn't mind seeing him get some playing time.

This. As much as this move makes me roll my eyes, we have to determine if he's a 40-man guy. He almost certainly isn't, but if there's a time to make sure, it's right now. Stowers is likely right behind him. 

Diaz has a .525 OPS over his last 30 days covering 77 PAs. They say he's the kind of guy that needs the big stage and bright lights to do well. This is probably his sink or swim moment for his 40-man roster spot.

Stowers can not be happy though unless he's coming up soon after another trade. He deserves to be here and the Orioles could use some left-handed pop.

3 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Don't you mean "if"?

What makes you so confident he's on the move?

Just speculative on my part but I just think they have Stowers and Cowser coming quickly and Santander's value is about as high as it's ever going to be so it's a sell-high play for Elias. 

20 minutes ago, yark14 said:

Diaz was probably already on the taxi squad.  

Only position player on the taxi squad was Benboom at C

I feel like Stowers has earned the promotion, not a real big fan of this move. Maybe if the team was out of contention. Least Vavra is getting some playing time