Schmuck: O's interested in Sexson

section36

This is so sick.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, said the O's were "interested" in Sexson.

• Not the O's
  • Not Schmuck.
  • Not anybody.
  • Except the guy who created the bogus title for this thread.

But, evidently that's all it takes for people here to go nuts and start dissing the O's about it.

It's an OH-manufactured upset. 10 pages and counting.

You know how JTrea has pretty much lost his mind since the Tex-a-thon?

Well, that's pretty much how *lots* of people are getting lately.

Despite your consistently obnoxious tone, I was going to agree with you here. People have been making tons of assumptions and taking opinion as fact without sources and stuff like that. However, I took the precautionary step of, you know, reading the Schmuck article, and was hit right away by this line: "The Orioles still are trying to figure out what they'll do at first base this coming season, and they've given some consideration to attempting a salvage operation with former 45-homer guy Richie Sexson." Yup, that's Schmuck saying that the Orioles have interest in Richie Sexson. Heyo!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is so sick.

• Not the O's
  • Not Schmuck.
  • Not anybody.

But, evidently that's all it takes for people here to go nuts and start dissing the O's about it.

Spot on and accurate.

Spot on and accurate.

I wouldn't say so. Did you see this, which SrMeowMeow pointed out:

"The Orioles still are trying to figure out what they'll do at first base this coming season, and they've given some consideration to attempting a salvage operation with former 45-homer guy Richie Sexson."

Schmuck is not the type of guy to speculate. If he's saying it, there's likely some substance to it.

Maybe you could volunteer to fact check every rumor posted here, we'll put a hold on the thread until you report back, and then you can give us the thumbs up or down on whether we can comment.

Oh, good grief. It's not about "fact checking". It's just about reading the dang thing.

Schmuck never said the O's were "interested".

He just said that:

• The O's don't have 1B decided yet.
  • There was *1* phone call with an agent.
  • No news about the O's interest
  • "but I'll take all the spring training subplots I can get at this point"

All you have to do is *read* beyond the embellished thread title, that's all.

Despite your consistently obnoxious tone, I was going to agree with you here...

Heyo!

Hey, I used to be a nice guy. Really, I was.

My early posts here were naive, but nice.

Then, I learned the hard way how it works ;-)

Heyo!

Oh, good grief. It's not about "fact checking". It's just about reading the dang thing.

Schmuck never said the O's were "interested".

He just said that:

• The O's don't have 1B decided yet.
  • There was *1* phone call with an agent.
  • No news about the O's interest
  • "but I'll take all the spring training subplots I can get at this point"

All you have to do is *read* beyond the embellished thread title, that's all.

Are you serious?

Club officials apparently have had at least one conversation with Sexson's agent, Casey Close, though the depth of their interest is uncertain.

What more do you want? If they talked to his agent, dont you think they would be interested. It's common sense, if they werent interested they wouldn't have contacted him.

This is so sick.

• Not the O's
  • Not Schmuck.
  • Not anybody.

Amen, and I wish I could pretend to be surprised anymore.

I wouldn't say so. Did you see this, which SrMeowMeow pointed out:

"The Orioles still are trying to figure out what they'll do at first base this coming season, and they've given some consideration to attempting a salvage operation with former 45-homer guy Richie Sexson."

Schmuck is not the type of guy to speculate. If he's saying it, there's likely some substance to it.

He also said, "the depth of their interest is uncertain." Is this ten pages of criticizing MacPhail for keeping an open mind and hearing what Close has to say? It could be ten pages of criticism for not hanging up on Close.

Are you serious?

What more do you want? If they talked to his agent, dont you think they would be interested. It's common sense, if they werent interested they wouldn't have contacted him.

We all feel like sometimes our posts get ignored. (I mention that because I feel that way now.) Sexson's agent just became Guthrie's agent in mid-December. No, I don't think the fact that Guthrie's new agent was on the phone with the Orioles front office and Sexson was discussed necessarily means that the O's have any actual interest. I guess they might, but Schmuck's qualifier suggests that he's not so sure there's any real interest there, either.

And noone reported that the Orioles contacted Sexson's agent.

Who says the O's contacted him?

You think the O's never answer the phone?

Yes, 10+ pages on simply a note in a Schmuck article saying we've had a discussion with his agent does seem a bit excessive.

But this is a message board. They said they talked to his agent and now we're discussing it. Bashing the team as if they've already signed him is kinda silly, but discussing the merits of this potential move is completely fine.

There is absolutely nothing wrong at all in discussing things like this & reading between the lines sometimes.

I'm hoping one day you'll consider evolving from this archaic mindset that only solid 100% black & white facts should ever be discussed.

This is so sick.

• Not the O's
  • Not Schmuck.
  • Not anybody.

You may want to consider changing your settings...its only 5 pages for me. ;)

And in all fairness, regardless of how many pages it is...its only as long as it is because people criticize MacPhail...and then other people criticize the people criticizing MacPhail...and then we have the people who criticize the people who are criticizing the people who are criticizing MacPhail.

I'm hoping one day you'll consider evolving from this archaic mindset that only solid 100% black & white facts should ever be discussed.

What on earth are you talking about?

I never said people shouldn't discuss Sexson.

In actual fact, I *never* criticize anybody for discussing scenarios for trades or signings.

Never.

What I criticized was lauching into yet another diss-the-O's campaign based on zilch, that's all.

All people see is a thread title, they don't even care if the thread title is true or not.

They just latch on to any lame excuse to go nuts about how the O's are stupid.

If you wanna defend that, have at it. But try to get your facts straight.

The only thing "archaic" about my mindset is that if people wanna launch into bash-mode, I think they should bother to read beyond misleading thread titles.

Archived