Sun Sept 18, avoiding the sweep vs Toronto

SilverRocket

2 hours ago, NashLumber said:

Thanks. My mistake.  On a more friendly note, for the record, we have had 3 references to the game here, but if singling me out is your style, duly noted. 

To me, the game thread is like sitting at the ballpark and watching a ballgame with friends.

The rhythm of the game is such that there is the ability to hold a conversation about other things while still seeing all of the action in the game.   Unless you are really trying to think along with the pitcher, and decide whther the next pitch should be s slider or whatever, you can be talking about almost anything of interest, whether it's football or the TV show you are streaming or whatever, and pause your conversation when the ball is put in play, and not miss anything.

We have a long tradition int he game thread of talking about other things, whether it's music, or other things happening in MLB,  or any number of things.   And the posts that aren't directly on the game are very easy to just skip over and ignore.

Unless it strays into forbidden topics such as politics, there's nothing wrong with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlaO'sFan said:

How in hell did the Ravens give up 28 points in the 4th to lose that game?

They tried to sit on a big lead and got conservative. Then when they tried to turn it on again, they couldn't. It happens again and again in sports. But it's only September.

2 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

They tried to sit on a big lead and got conservative. Then when they tried to turn it on again, they couldn't. It happens again and again in sports. But it's only September.

The defense was actually awful all day.   Miami's short passing game could get 5+ yards at will at almost all points in the game.   We didn't have a pass rush and Tyreek Hill started getting open deep.

I think they only punted once.   We got a big turnover, which is the reason we were up 21 at half.

And our run game was awful all day (talking about RBs, not Lamar).   Our entire running back corps combined for 33 yards rushing and 0 receiving, or something like that.  That is not conducive to trying to hold a big lead and eat clock in the 2nd half.