“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The Orioles have the depth in the farm system to acquire one of these top pitchers that could be available, especially infield depth. 

Would love Burnes.  I have not seen any projected trade offers, but I wonder if something like Santander (I know they traded Renfroe to cut costs, but they will need a replacement) Mayo, Westburg, and Hall would get it done.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The Orioles have the depth in the farm system to acquire one of these top pitchers that could be available, especially infield depth. 

Do you see them trying to just use farm depth?  Or position players on the active roster, like Mullins or Santander?  

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

What is a realistic package for one of these guys? I certainly wouldn't want to give BOTH Westburg and Ortiz in most trade scenarios. Even Westburg and Norby feels like a huge hit to ML infield depth, unless we're trading for someone truly elite. 

26 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Would love Burnes.  I have not seen any projected trade offers, but I wonder if something like Santander (I know they traded Renfroe to cut costs, but they will need a replacement) Mayo, Westburg, and Hall would get it done.

If they weren't willing to pay Renfroe $11 million, I doubt they would be interested in paying Santander $7.5 million.

13 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

I can’t see a scenario where we get prime, cost-controlled Burnes without giving up Grayson.  I just can’t see it.  I mean, I‘d love to be wrong but I just don’t see it.  

They might consider it for a package that includes someone like Jackson Holliday, but prospects outside the top 50 aren't getting it done.  I would really like Burnes, but it's going to take a haul, look what Seattle gave up for Castillo.

13 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

I can’t see a scenario where we get prime, cost-controlled Burnes without giving up Grayson.  I just can’t see it.  I mean, I‘d love to be wrong but I just don’t see it.  

Holliday could probably work as a stand in. Maybe Cowser if the rest of the package is beefier.

But yeah, they are going to want at least 1 elite prospect and several more very good prospects for Burnes.

57 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Plesac has 3 years of control but 4.31 ERA, 131 innings, 1.32 WHIP. I don’t see him as an upgrade. (NO THANKS)

Skubal  4 year  of control, he’s improved  from 5.64 to 4.34 to 3.52 this year. So he’s trending in the right direction. His K rate is 1 per inning and his WHIP is in the 1.15 range. He was obviously injured at some point as he only pitched 117 innings after 149 last season. He’d be worth something decent if you think he can give you 150 innings+ 

Lopez is worth a real look at 3.75 ERA with 1.16 WHIP and nearly 1 K Per inning over 180 innings. He has 2 years of control and I’d imagine the price tag is high. Plus his innings went from 100 to 180 for those who would be concerned by that. 

Burnes is probably the best of the bunch. 200 innings, 243 Ks, .90 WHIP. And he has 2 years of control left. Would the Brewers really deal him? What is the cost? Could you get him to sign a 4-5 year extension? Say you can offer to buy out his 2 years of arb and go 5/100.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

What is a realistic package for one of these guys? I certainly wouldn't want to give BOTH Westburg and Ortiz in most trade scenarios. Even Westburg and Norby feels like a huge hit to ML infield depth, unless we're trading for someone truly elite. 

I'll be honest, I'm just digging me way out of the prospects stuff and will start looking into the potential acquisition side soon. My list and grades though should tell you how I value the prospects which in turn should give you a general idea of what it will take to get a guy.

1 hour ago, MarCakes21 said:

Do you see them trying to just use farm depth?  Or position players on the active roster, like Mullins or Santander?  

Here is the recap of the Renfroe deal

The Crew acquired three pitchers: right-handers Janson Junk and Elvis Peguero and Minor League left-hander Adam Seminaris. The deal adds to the Brewers' stable of Major League-ready pitching, opens a spot for one of Milwaukee's many Major League-ready outfield prospects and carries significant payroll implications.6

So if they have outfield prospects ready to play. Their payroll is around 140 million for this year. They are discussing trading Wong bad already traded Renfroe. 

Tim Daniel’s thinks the asking would be astronomical as it should be. They are probably interested in prospects and not Santander.

https://www.mlb.com/news/brewers-trade-hunter-renfroe-to-angels-for-three-pitchers

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10055286-mlb-trade-rumors-shane-bieber-corbin-burnes-return-would-need-to-be-astronomical