Bryan Reynolds Trade?

DrinkinWithFermi

I would listen on Mullins, but need to be almost blown away to trade him. I would listen on every veteran player we have, but would not be in favor of trading away multiples of our top prosoects. I think that’s where Elias is on this too. SS is one position where maybe you trade one of them not named zholliday, because you have so many

The more I think about it we should scrap trying to trade for Reynolds and call the Blue Jays and see what they want for Alejandro Kirk, then trade for him and make him our permanent DH / occasional fill in for Rutschman. He posted a .372 OBP last  season and is only 24 years old. Also think he'd be an immediate fan favorite. I think I'd even be willing to take on part of Berrios contract to get it done. I have a feeling they might be trying to dump him after last season. I know he had a rough season, but I still think he's better than any of the FA pitching options other than Rodon and Bassitt. 

3 hours ago, interloper said:

Teams are thirsty for CFers at the moment. Good news if we decide to trade Mullins. But then we're met with the same problem as all these other teams - not having a good CFer. 

I'd only consider moving him for a youngish TOR pitcher, and even then we'd need to have some sort of contingency plan in place because I don't think we have a major league ready replacement on the roster. 

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was just thinking, if pitching has gotten irrationally expensive, maybe the thing to do is go higher end on a hitter or two.  

Not only that but we need hitting and improved COF defense.

I really like the prospects we have but acting as if they are all going to come through is foolish.  We need some established bats.