Last minute questions

eddie83

-McCann has an oblique issue. Potential IL? Would require a 40 man move to replace him

-Givens knee issue. IL? Impact on open bullpen spots. 

-Grayson vs Wells for last rotation spot. If Wells gets spot opens up pen spot. 

-McKenna in or out? Mateo starting in CF today at least makes people ask question. 

-John Angelos opening up the books? Was suppose to happen by end of spring training. Sorry, couldn’t help myself. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

-McCann has an oblique issue. Potential IL? Would require a 40 man move to replace him

-Givens knee issue. IL? Impact on open bullpen spots. 

-Grayson vs Wells for last rotation spot. If Wells gets spot opens up pen spot. 

-McKenna in or out? Mateo starting in CF today at least makes people ask question. 

-John Angelos opening up the books? Was suppose to happen by end of spring training. Sorry, couldn’t help myself. 

They said Benboom would be the backup if McCann hurt. Doesn't 60 day IL's open up certain roster spots?

7 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

They said Benboom would be the backup if McCann hurt. Doesn't 60 day IL's open up certain roster spots?

Means and Seth Johnson on the 60 day IL will free up a couple spots, unless it’s already been done and I missed it.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be spring training without a bunch of last minute injuries. If we can add Bemboom in one of the 60-day IL slots, then no DFA's. Krehbiel and Gillaspie make the team, with Baumann or Politi getting the last spot. Edge to Politi so we can keep him. 

Bullpen: Bautista, Perez, Akin, Baker, Voth, Gillaspie, Krehbiel, Politi

Rotation: Gibson, Kremer, Irvin, Bradish, Wells 

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Wouldn't be spring training without a bunch of last minute injuries. If we can add Bemboom in one of the 60-day IL slots, then no DFA's. Krehbiel and Gillaspie make the team, with Baumann or Politi getting the last spot. Edge to Politi so we can keep him. 

I think you might have it.   Depends on the answer between GRod and Wells which I think is 50/50.  I’m still leaning towards GRod with Wells to the pen.  

5 minutes ago, sevastras said:

Handley getting a start at C. Maybe he finally gets his chance. 

Roch said Bemboom and when Roch talks that he answers to a higher authority. 

McCann said he’s “hopeful” that he can make the Opening Day roster. Otherwise, Anthony Bemboom would break camp with the Orioles for the second consecutive season.

16 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I think you might have it.   Depends on the answer between GRod and Wells which I think is 50/50.  I’m still leaning towards GRod with Wells to the pen.  

Agree, but what are they going to do with Tate if he is mid-May per Hyde? That's too long for a 15 day IL and too short for the 60 day list? Similar for Givens but a shorter window. Gillaspie, Krehbiel, Politi are just keeping a seat warm for these guys and Wells, when GRod is stretched out after 2-3 weeks. Then there is Hall, possibly Cano as well. Going to be interesting.

1 minute ago, AnythingO's said:

Agree, but what are they going to do with Tate if he is mid-May per Hyde? That's too long for a 15 day IL and too short for the 60 day list? Similar for Givens but a shorter window. Gillaspie, Krehbiel, Politi are just keeping a seat warm for these guys and Wells, when GRod is stretched out after 2-3 weeks. Then there is Hall, possibly Cano as well. Going to be interesting.

Tate is mid May to late May.  Sounds like 60 day to me.  The Orioles usually are cautious with injuries which is why I expect McCann to start the season on the IL as well.  Politi is no sure thing even if Wells is in the rotation but it certainly helps his chances.

Can we replace Melanie Newman please? For radio at least? If I can see what’s happening on TV I don’t mind as much but there are times where I have literally no idea what’s happened and Arnold is hesitant to make it clear for whatever reason.

She’s fine on TV. But on radio it’s like listening to Fred Manfra’s daughter.

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I’m suddenly liking Baumann’s odds if Grayson goes to AAA. Probably take him over Gillaspie.

As others have mentioned Cano has thrown well also. Could be an option.