Wednesday, June 28: Orioles vs Reds, series deciding game

SteveA

37 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I'd prefer to talk about the game too..but some of the comments on here tonight remind me of why Pride nights, and talking about this stuff is necessary, and in social spaces 

So if you come into the game thread, and instead of talking about the game. you start talking about how much having to acknowledge Gay people in a social space one game a year makes you "hate em". Then that derails the game thread, but I don't think it should be ignored or treated as acceptable. 

Doing things like this that are highly visible, help to show kids growing up that who they are is ok. LGTBQ youth are 4x as likely to attempt suicide vs straight teenagers (and the teenage suicide rate as a whole is to high). For one game a year, talking about stuff like this to help remove social stigma, and maybe save a few lives...just put the game on mute if it bugs you that much

Stick to baseball here. We are not going to do this in here. Yes, I mean this to everyone. It's ok to discuss the fact that the broadcast is not focusing on teh game, but we're not going to get into anything else in here. 

Thanks.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Adley’s power is starting to look like Weiters’ power.  

Rutschman both offensively and especially defensively has taken a bit of a step back this year. I'm hopeful it's more of a sophomore slump then any drop in talent. 

I feel he's still going to be very good. But the throwing has become an issue and the lack of power this year is disappointing.

1 minute ago, Emory Eagle said:

This team really wants to drop a series at home to the Cincinnati Reds.  Who by the way are not actually good.

The Reds are 1/2 game out of first.  Remind me a lot of the 2022 O's.  I wouldn't call them not good.  I would call them a team on the rise.

3 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

This team really wants to drop a series at home to the Cincinnati Reds.  Who by the way are not actually good.

Well they are in first place of a weak division and they can hit a bit. Why the Orioles can't hit their relievers is a mystery.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I’m disappointed and found myself questioning Hyde the past few days.  But being pissed that we got swept by the 86 win Royals a year after watching the Rangers do what they did, and witnessing the Tigers sweep the Astros dilutes any argument to the point of irrationality. In addition, acting like the O’s were the only team that kicked a$$ the first half the season and fell off post all star break is short sighted.  Five teams were on pace to win 99-103 games on July 1.  No one reached that mark.  The cream of the crop all had their fair share of struggles. Dismissing or brushing off our rash of injuries as not having a strong impact on this team’s performance is just asinine.     Saying this team wasn’t trying or lacked fire is an insult.  Losing isn’t fun, but to confuse a team struggling with an apathetic spirit is a ridiculous take. Someone noted the other day (SG?) that the league collectively found the hole in the O’s swing the second half, and we didn’t have the hitters to adjust is the closest rationale reasoning for our struggles.  That you can blame Elias, Hyde and his staff.  They have this offseason to make changes but let’s also not ignore that the 2023 team was made up of many of these same players and excelled in the areas they face-planted the second half of 2024 when the offense became one dimensional.  Posting over and over and over about the Rogers trade is tiring.  It turned out to be disappointing, but I highly doubt it cost us to win or lose one more game because of that trade.   Acting like Ron Washington or another older crusty manager is the answer is laughable.  I loved Buck, but he is the last of his type. I remember Britton going to the Yanks and applauding their analytics.  Other players are coming to the O’s and are raving about ours now.  Other teams are modeling their player development after us.  Some fans crap all over it, but having been a fan during the analytical dark ages, I’m super proud of where this organization is now and feel we are in a position for years to come.  Others would rather just piss and moan and fondly reminisce in a time when in reality, the O’s player development was the laughingstock throughout the league. Screaming Hyde should be fired, posting that we were better off with Angelos as the owner, calling Elias as arrogant… ugh.  Maybe we should bring back Syd Thrift from the grave and check on what Sam Perlozzo is up to now a days just to give some a perspective of what extreme disappointment truly feels like.  
    • So clearly not in shape or banged up in various ways that he doesn't want to specify.  Get in shape and figure it the hell out. 
    • This team needs to learn how to get on base. Homer's are nice, but some times hitting the single the opposite way is even nicer.  Watching the games all season, it appeared that pretty much the entire team was looking to hit the 5 run Homer, swinging out of their shoes every at bat
    • I want Hyde gone. He ain’t the guy.
    • Or just beat the team with the worse record in the worse division.
  • Popular Contributors