Our Free Agents

Bahama O's Fan

If Ohtani wants the best possible situation to win then it is with us. How much of our “market” could we win back to Ohtani signs here?  The Nats are real down. Boston and Nee York are down too. All of the bandwagon fans. 

Let’s say Ohtani made 18 starts at home in OPACY. How many would be sellouts?  10? 15?

• Upvote 1

Flaherty prices himself out of our reach if he finishes strong. Still young and TOR stuff .. he's probably already near 20 mil a season. Really strong finish could bump him up to, what, 25 a year?

BTW Houston's MO was going after discounted Aces. Then unlocking something and taking them to the next level. Kinda seeing that happening here with Flaherty.

We won't exercise Givens' option.  Too many strikes against him to assuage the SigBot riskometer.

Frazier (LHH) is a non-zero chance because he's a LHH.  But I think he'll get more elsewhere because we need to be letting the pipeline play.  Time to roll their salary into an SP or plus tier RP.

Gibson is doubtful.  I'm not sure he's done enough to get that big pay day he was hoping for.  Stable/healthy arm could be the cost-efficient option. 

Hicks depends on how we handle Santander/Hays.  If both of them are traded (doubtful), then he's the 3rd/4th OF with 400+ PAs and he's back.  If only one is traded (likely), then he's an aging/back-up CF switch-hitter (i.e. maybe 300ish PAs)  But the question pivots to what he wants in this part of his career:  more time to build toward another contract or another playoff run?    (From an org build perspective, do they risk trading Santander and Hays and reallocating their payroll elsewhere?  We didn't do that with the IF depth heading into this season.)

If Flaherty is who we hope he is, then he pushes himself into a big payday.  Still a lot TBD here.

If Fuji pitches well, then I can see us resigning him with the Givens+ contract.

That's enough for me thinking about next year...

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If Ohtani wants the best possible situation to win then it is with us. How much of our “market” could we win back to Ohtani signs here?  The Nats are real down. Boston and Nee York are down too. All of the bandwagon fans. 

Let’s say Ohtani made 18 starts at home in OPACY. How many would be sellouts?  10? 15?

There is no universe where the Baltimore Orioles sign Shohei Ohtani.

26 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Right now, I'm thinking on Fujinami and Flaherty. If both Flaherty and Gibson leave, our starting pitcher rotation is a mess again. Who would we have? Wells, Bradish, Kremer, Means and Irvin? Hall? Povich? 

GRod.

23 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Oh right, how could I forget. Still not any depth.

I think they will sign or trade for one veteran starting pitcher over the offseason, but maybe this time Elias can convince John Angelos to step up a little higher on the quality/price ladder.