Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

What indications do you have from listening to press conferences and player interviews that you feel the Orioles beat reporters are going to ask players these questions? And even if they did, I can guarantee the players will say they have no comment on it because they are focused on the game at hand.

It's blown up into a national story. There are announcers from other games talking about it on their telecasts. Reporters likes to ask stupid, unnecessary questions.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Of course. @wildcard started his thread yesterday, before all this bs went down and I don’t think his point was invalid but stuff like this makes it easier to see Elias and anyone worth a damn easily walk out the door. 

Dumb stuff like this could easily cause a chain reaction that puts this organization right back in the 2000s.

All the brass needs to do is apologize and give Brown a few bucks for his missed time.  So simple, but it won't happen, because they don't think they've done anything wrong.  They will die on the hill.

13 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

No one in their right mind would pick up Brown to do their broadcasts. Sorry but baseball announcers are nice (if they stick to baseball) but replacable. NO ORGANIZATION needs a diva who causes problems for their employer.  He should find another line or work.  This is not the place for "social influencers" or the Kardashians groupies.   Please remember that there have been a series of different broadcasters for the O's this year.  It might just be as simple as they felt his style was not where they wanted to be going.  That is okay, but all the drama queens got themselves involved.

Lmao

Just now, 25 Nuggets said:

All the brass needs to do is apologize and give Brown a few bucks for his missed time.  So simple, but it won't happen, because they don't think they've done anything wrong.  They will die on the hill.

I think they do know but their egos are much too big to ever admit it. 

3 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

LOL.  Generally in this business, when trusted reporters like Britt Ghiroli, etc. report something, it is true, not just crap from third hand rumors.  

Thanks for being the idiot John Angelos defender I referenced before though!

To be fair, all the reporting being done is based off anonymous sources reporting on a rumor. I don't know if it's true. It seems too ridiculous of a reason to be true. I believe that he was probably suspended. I just can't buy the rumored reason. The Orioles rep, when asked, basically admitted that he was suspended. However, they did not admit that it was because of what he said on air about the team's improved record at the Trop. I just think there has to be more to it. Who knows? I've been wrong before.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Our first place standing has little to nothing to do with the owners. Mostly all to do with Elias/Sig, Hyde, and the players. Angelos lucked out in hiring Elias/Sig. But by all indications his awfulness and tendencies toward self-distraction and organizational sabotage is most likely going to drive them away at some point.

I’m not sure if you are aware of this or not, but by continuing to question the legitimacy of multiple independent sources, it makes it appear that you have a biased toward the Angelos family. I’m not trying to accuse you of anything, but just wanted to make you aware of a perception that could exist based on your posts in this thread.

What a crock you are trying to pass off.  From one side of your mouth you blame the Orioles recent decades of losing on the owner.  Then they change their methods and approach and become successful and you want to just credit that to dumb luck and maybe expert advise from yourself.  I look at the owners as a "necessary evil". They seem to be keeping their noses out of the baseball operations quite well recently, so I really don't care about filling out a spreadsheet about grading their morals, family relations and personal hygiene.   These broadcasters are likely all egotist and divas who compete with each other, backstab and are looking to become personalities who have social followings.  I have 3 daughters, and some of the stuff I am seeing here reminds me of "mean girl cliques" in 4th grade elementary school.

3 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

Yes, and so what. They have been cycling in broadcasters in and out all year. So that they are bringing him back means that you and your pals have to STFU about "they fired BROWN ???   Angelos is the devil incarnate.  The Orioles are terrible etc,

Sure thing, I will call up my buddies Michael Kay, Jason Bennetti, Gary Cohen, Dan Patrick, Chris Russo, John Sterling, Suzyn Waldman, Kevin Negandhi and Dave O'Brien and tell them to calm down on the criticism of John Angelos because he really is a fine chap and Kevin Brown is really the bad guy here. I was going to wait until we all got together for our weekly Friday beers, but this might require an emergency group text. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

Just because Rob Long (not a MASN employee, btw) doesn't have first-hand knowledge, doesn't mean we're all just guessing.

You're ignoring an overwhelming amount of reliable reporting to make a statement like this.

In what world is Rob Long not a MASN employee?

5 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

What a crock you are trying to pass off.  From one side of your mouth you blame the Orioles recent decades of losing on the owner.  Then they change their methods and approach and become successful and you want to just credit that to dumb luck and maybe expert advise from yourself.  I look at the owners as a "necessary evil". They seem to be keeping their noses out of the baseball operations quite well recently, so I really don't care about filling out a spreadsheet about grading their morals, family relations and personal hygiene.   These broadcasters are likely all egotist and divas who compete with each other, backstab and are looking to become personalities who have social followings.  I have 3 daughters, and some of the stuff I am seeing here reminds me of "mean girl cliques" in 4th grade elementary school.

What methods have the owners changed?

What did Brown do to be labeled a “diva”? You’ve said that multiple times. Back it up.