The Free Kevin Brown episode. World Champ Houston Astros in town

Gurgi

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Both under contract for 2025. Assuming they were bring them back.
    • Probably more of a function of roster construction, tbh. They had very little injuries last year offensively aside from Mullins a few stretches, Mountcastle to vertigo, and if I recall Austin Hays. This year they obv had many injuries in Westy, Mountcastle, Mateo, and Urias and then had to give ABs to some lackluster hitters for months on end. Maybe that explains things.  I still 100% believe Adley's dropoff was because of his hand being hit against the Rangers. He played through it, though. X-Rays were negative, but looking back...I wonder if giving him appropriate time off for a couple weeks would have been prudent. 
    • What is the contract status of Dominguez and Soto (pitcher)?  If they are not FA they absolutely should be back.  Need good stuff + numbers out of the BP.
    • "Swing for the fences, but we're going to move the fences back 30 feet" seems like a message that contradicts itself, at least for right-handed hitters.
    • Again, I agree that the approach is not working and I hope it is evaluated and changed.  But if you are seeing what happened as choking, I think you are being small.  These same guys hit well in high pressure situations last year.  They produced a runaway ROY in Gunnar Henderson.  They failed last year in the playoffs because of pitching and lost this year in spite of excellent pitching. A bigger examination is needed.  Santander has a long history of not hitting well in the cooler weather.   It should not be surprising or disappointing that he isn't great in October.  He isn't in March or April or September and really hasn't ever been. Cowser has had little success in high pressure situations and it seems unlikely that all of that is explainable by pitchers knowing how to pitch him.   I am more interested in what happened psychologically to this team that seemed like nothing phased it and produced series wins at home and on the road like a factory pouring out product.  If this team, after all of the injuries it sustained failed because of pitching, we could have at least focused on Elilas not getting enough help. This team failed due to the same reason it has failed since June.  It no longer looks like a good cohesive group.  Hitters seem to be going through the motions, guessing at pitches and flailing away at pitches that good hitters simply don't swing at.   Something changed and it isn't that they became choke artists.  That just makes us feel better to derisively rip these guys who ripped our hearts out.
    • Is Pete Alonso a real MOO bat? Would you rather have home than Santander or Mountcastle? How do you feel about Alex Bregman? Rhys Hoskins (has an opt out)? Willy Adames? Christian Walker? I bring up these names because they are all FAs. And I would argue have the potential to help our offense. Help is available if we want it and are willing to actually spend real money. Or we can keep going with the Eloy Jimenez’s and Ryan O’Hearn.
    • Snell is my preference. If he can be signed for 4/140 or less, that should be the target.
  • Popular Contributors