Friday, August 24: Rockies come to town

SteveA

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I've never met a Rockies fan. Ever.

I met a bunch when I was stuck in Denver while taking the train from NY to Seattle when I was young. We had a train issue in Denver and had 6 hours there so I went to a Rockies game, Hideo Nomo threw a no-hitter. What a cool stadium. It did light drizzle that game.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I've never met a Rockies fan. Ever.

I was in the army with a guy who when he got out worked in the Rockies front office doing whatever.  He roots for the Rockies now.   Other than that I have not met one.  He used to commiserate with me over how bad our teams were.  The Rockies are usually suck like the Orioles.  He roots for the Orioles because of me and he liked Adam Jones.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Over his last 45 innings, dating back to June 10th, Cole Irvin's ERA is a tidy 3.00.  

I'm not saying he's a playoff starter behind Bradish and G-Rod but you could make a case if he keeps this up.  I know he doesn't have the raw, dominant stuff that others have but a 3.00 ERA is a 3.00 ERA.  

He just knows how to pitch, also. He's not overpowering, but when he's throwing strikes he can get anyone out.